aaa FKCN Freeway Muzik - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: FKCN Freeway Muzik

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             08-Dec-06  @  11:49 PM   -   FKCN Freeway Muzik

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ello, still work in progress but did a first recording : FCKN Freeway Muzik

Beginning sounds a bit hollow to me though... as if it's missing some low-end- dunno.

Anyway, lemme know what you think.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             09-Dec-06  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: FKCN Freeway Muzik

Musineer Productions

Odd.

The start synth sounds like it's got whooping cough, or like a synth being a cow with a cold - sounds like it hurts... honey, lemon and scotch quick!

I don't tend to get so mashed on a Friday night anymore, but when I do I'll play this again!

Message 3/7             09-Dec-06  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: FKCN Freeway Muzik

Rags .aka. Welder

Hey, the intro's like going down on a concrete staricase into an atomic bunker with a full-on Maarten liveact going on. The beat is somehow not-that-obvious as usual, but for that sacrifice we get more "psychedelism" sor sure.

SInce that shite quicktime has installed itself under opera I don't get winamp at a click, and hence I don't have a timer... so let me just say that after the intro things get bloody serious.

Yehhaw!

About the low-end thing, I feel that with my own stuff all the time... so my opinion might be flawed, but I didn't really missed anything... and at certain points you have great amounts off bass going on. There might be parts when the low-end is not dominating (when you don't have any of those HC kiks running).

Around 45% (before the breaky part) there is bassline that can be barely heard during a breakdown, now I think that bassline alone would deserve its own "part".

First breakdown in the breakish madness (before the stringy melody): I have just noticed you have a bit much going on of the 100-300 Hz range, muddens up the track a bit. (Not to an unbearable degree though.)

60%, back to 4/4: some stringy-spooky things has started to crawl out of the speaker, but then the picture turns into this great happy/sad mix: definetly my favourite part. (Basses on that are too heavy though, some cutting around the lows could make things a bit more balanced). Anyway the 303 / string combination is very nice.

Stringy sounds start to fade (we are at around 90% of the track) and sentimentalism is being replaced with heavy machinery (although I could have lived with a mellow ending at 85%).

All-in-all, despite the mix issues here and there this is great piece of music.

Message 4/7             17-Dec-06  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: FKCN Freeway Muzik

elevation758

Yeah, it picked up for me about a third of the way in which is when I started listening & stopped staring vacantly at the PC screen!

I remember Colin Favor used to play stuff like this all the time late night on Kiss FM early ninetees & I couldnt get enough of it, dunno what happend to him but his show disapeared from its Tues & Thurs late slot & that was that. Having listened to your mix you've transported me back to the early nineties & reminded me of what Ive managed to somehow stop listening too. Id better get that old box full of tapes out of the loft & start searching through them for Mr Favour.

Nice work, I like it.

Message 5/7             17-Dec-06  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: FKCN Freeway Muzik

dave pugh

Link?:  Link

wow epic track, really enjoying it, well produced, still 5 mins to go yet though !!!!! . dave

Message 6/7             17-Dec-06  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: FKCN Freeway Muzik

Maarten

Thanks for the listen and the comments guys, appreciated! Already brought some of the above suggestions into the equation, pushing the 'cow' ;) back to the background with some vicks and cutting some of the low-end from some of the tracks, sounding better imo ...not done yet though.

cheers,
M

Message 7/7             19-Dec-06  @  04:49 AM   -   RE: FKCN Freeway Muzik

Musineer Productions

But I liked the cow!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)