aaa Best Synth for bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Best Synth for bass

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Jan-07  @  06:15 PM   -   Best Synth for bass

joegornall

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, Im in the research stage of setting up a home studio aimed at producing mainly various kinds of house music, ranging from old skool to scouse, including electro type stuff, trance and techno.

At the moment Im thinking of getting an Access Virus KC Ti as master, which Im sure will be fine for all the mids and trancy type sounds but Im a little concerned about whats gonna be best for bass. In particular I wanna make sure I can create the bouncy, pumping and pounding type bass sounds you here in the aforementioned genres.

Im considering:

Minimoog Voyager 3, Nord G2 and Novation Supernova 2. Does anyone have any experience of these or do you know any others I should look at for bass in particular?

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated,

Regards, Joe

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             14-Jan-07  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: Best Synth for bass

Maarten

Link?: Link

The Virus should be able to do the trick but if you're really picky you may want to look into a Pro-One by Sequential Circuits... or the less expensive SH-101

Message 3/6             14-Jan-07  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: Best Synth for bass

k

Link?:  Link

some sorta cheap dig synth for those scouse basses perhaps? - there's so much talk about it, to me it sounds very digital like an old ensoniq or korg ddd1 drumbox bass sound, very hard and sometimes a glassy decay. you can get close to it with a freebie plugin like Neon

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             15-Jan-07  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Best Synth for bass

joegornall

Link?:  No link

Thanks for your replies so far.

k wrote:

some sorta cheap dig synth for those scouse basses perhaps? - theres so much talk about it.

Is a cheap dig synth a digital synth? (sorry not used to all the terms yet!) And is the talk about the scouse bass sound? Know any cheap dig synths that might do the trick? And whats the talk?

Thanks k for your other replies aswell.

Message 5/6             22-Jan-07  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: Best Synth for bass

casparproject

Hey Joe,

I am not too familiar with scouse per se, but if you're looking for 'glassy' house bass sounds,
look for SH yamaha rackmount or tabletop units. The TG line were pretty cool. I'd say generally
stay away from keyboards though, and look for modules and tbltop units to control with your Ti.
No sense putting money into an old digi board you won't use right? I bought a TG-33 tabletop
synth (which had a neato joystick controller) for fifty bux back in the nineties. It's gotta be
cheaper now. You can also look into FM and Additive software synths, which are probably both
fully capable of reproducing any digi sounds you wish to recreate.

Peter

Message 6/6             23-Jan-07  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: Best Synth for bass

Musineer Productions

Or you could plump for an ancient bass maker. I used an Ensoniq Mirage (8bit splendour) for ages as a base machine. Really podgy sound, gritty and full, yet precise enough to play more than a two or three noter riff (no blanket wall of bass - though it could do that as well). Mixing an organ with a cello seemed to do it, though you can blend in more to get that 'pumping' bass. Bit noisey though, you'd need gates.

These days I tend to use a VST that's close to what I want, then eq, process, etc till it's right.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)