aaa Das Flugyeugintimedist - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Das Flugyeugintimedist

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             18-Jan-07  @  05:48 PM   -   Das Flugyeugintimedist

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey all, another delve into the unknown by me, this time having a little fun with the Reason matrix sequencer & the RV7 reverb unit. Comments , tips, hints etc... appreciated.

Das Flugyeugintimedist

Thanks guys

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             24-Jan-07  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

Rags .aka. Welder

Crazy stuff!

Eventually, I like the experimentalistic approach, the kind of "everything is possible so we shall try it out" sort of feel.

Sonically (if there is such word   I would say the kik is a bit "buried" under all the synthy stuff that is going on, so I would make some room for it by some high-pass filtering on other stuff. Also, some high-mid frequency emphasis on the kick could make it more "defined", but I might be wrong with that. The main synth line is also a little bit too loud I think, (that "stringy" one that the track begins with).

Are you using the EQ on the reason mixer for EQ-ing or the PEQ-2 if I may ask?

Message 3/11             25-Jan-07  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

nme

Hey Rags, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Having made the change from Acid Pro to Reason I am finding a multitude of new sounds via my midi keyboard & the numerous toys to compliment it within Reason so as you so rightly pointed out my current approach is very much experimental, if I come across a sound Im partial too I tend to go with it & build from there, an open minded approach I guess, having said that I now have a huge library of scrapped sounds too!!!

I have to admit that this is one huge learning curve for me with a very much "suck it & see" outcome on each project, hoping that ill improve with time & learn where Im going wrong. In terms of the eq, this is where I seem to be having most difficulty. (It has crossed my mind that maybe Im tone deaf, which would explain a lot!!! )

In this case I actually used the M Class Mastering Suite Combi (following instructions from an online tutorial) thinking that this may be easier to balance the track. Clearly its not as easy as I had hoped.

nme

Message 4/11             26-Jan-07  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

Rags .aka. Welder

Don't worry, the ratio between stuff kept and thrown away will be constant, its just the overal quality of the end result that is getting better and better... or at least that is what I have experienced

The mastering suite can help a lot at the end, but one usually has to eq most of the individual tracks to make them fit together well... of course, choosing your sounds to fit together well from the beginning is the best one can aim for, but in practice that is easier said than done.

Message 5/11             18-Feb-07  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

GrooveMonkey

A bit disjointed, but I like that.

Agree with Rags, the drums do get swamped by all the synth madness!

nice

G

Message 6/11             20-Feb-07  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

Musineer Productions

That bass riff got me straightaway - pitchbend aficionado!

Turkeys. Lots of turkeys running about.

Message 7/11             20-Feb-07  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

Garuna

Kind of a techno journey. Different ideas combined. Nice. I think that kick may have some reverb on it or chorus?

Message 8/11             20-Feb-07  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

k

Link?:  Link

that is weird... like techno jazz, lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/11             20-Feb-07  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

nme

k wrote:

that is weird... like techno jazz, lol

Weird in a kinda "dunno if I like it" kinda way or just plain 'weird' (shite as its also known). PMSL

Agreed totally, this is kinda 'off the wall' I thought that as it was coming together, Im still keen to experiment with any sound I can create or find so Im working with out any rules or limitations as such at the moment just to see what happens, but you know how it goes, its so easy to slip into a preconception of how somthing must sound & as such limit yourself if that makes sense?

A biproduct of this approach however is GB's of sampled sounds sitting on my hard drive!!!

Who knows, maybe in time there may be a release of Das Flugyeugintimedist 2 (Straight Jacket Mix). But dont hold your breath!!! hehehehe

Techo Jazz eh K, nice....... I like it?

Any chance I can have my own forum then for all the 'Techno Jazz heads' out there hehehe?

Thanks for your thoughts guys, cheers.

Message 10/11             20-Feb-07  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

nme

Musineer Productions wrote:

That bass riff got me straightaway - pitchbend aficionado!

Turkeys. Lots of turkeys running about.

Great description!

...........Yeah, maybe a better name for it may have been H5N1 (also known as 'avian flu' or 'bird flu')!!!

Thanks Mus

Message 11/11             20-Feb-07  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Das Flugyeugintimedist

nme

GrooveMonkey wrote:

A bit disjointed, but I like that.

Agree with Rags, the drums do get swamped by all the synth madness!

nice

G

Thanks gm, ill take a look at that at some point once Im up to speed with the whole EQ thing!

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)