aaa ESI_ESP1010 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: ESI_ESP1010

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             12-Feb-07  @  07:41 PM   -   ESI_ESP1010      [Link: ESI - ESP1010]

qwc

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do i connect my esp to a12x2 mixer power amp and pc (Sonar 5) with Yamaha NS-A7000 speakers. Also use Yamahapsr550 keyboard as controller. Mostly midi with 2 mics for vocals
thanks Pieter

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             14-Feb-07  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

k

Link?:  Link

ah this sort of question again - the answer is it entirely depends on what you are trying to do, and how you work with the card

in one scenario you might be recording only in streo but want to mix in hardware all 8 outs, or you might monitor THRU the host software & esp device and use the mixer for monitoring the inputs and playback

you'll have to be very specific in what you are trying to do before a defined answer can be given

someone wise once said... if you sit down and really write out the question properly, half the time you have the answer in front of you then.

anyways rsvp

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13             18-Feb-07  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

Pieter Kruger

k wrote:

ah this sort of question again - the answer is it entirely depends on what you are trying to do, and how you work with the card

in one scenario you might be recording only in streo but want to mix in hardware all 8 outs, or you might monitor THRU the host software & esp device and use the mixer for monitoring the inputs and playback

youll have to be very specific in what you are trying to do before a defined answer can be given

someone wise once said... if you sit down and really write out the question properly, half the time you have the answer in front of you then.

anyways rsvp

I use Sonar and would like to route 8 channels to mixer for eq and volume settings .Then record stereo in Sonar

Message 4/13             18-Feb-07  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

k

and the mixer make/model is?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/13             18-Feb-07  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

Pieter Kruger

Sorry
Steven 12x2 (1980 model) Sub1 and 2 ,main and monitor outs
Thanks for helping

Message 6/13             18-Feb-07  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

k

sorry dude, cant find that make anywhere, got a link?

Message 7/13             18-Feb-07  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

Pieter Kruger

Unfortunately not It looks a lot like the old Audio Technica mixers
I have preamps on all channels as well as inserts .Main out is only mono. Using the sub 1 and sub2 to feed to inputs 3 and 4 on the 1010. Monitor out goes to power amp. Maybe I need to get a newer mixer?. Is it possible to split the midi tracks to the mixer? Do I need to convert to audio first?

Message 8/13             18-Feb-07  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

k

so the subs are mono?... when u say 'subs' you mean auxilliaries?

anyways if you have stereo L/R Master OUT and monitor L/R out, the why not just send stereo master L/R out to pc stereo ins??... simple

or do you mean you want to mix the 8 PC outs to the mixer (mixing s/w instruments on hardware mixer)

Message 9/13             19-Feb-07  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

Pieter Kruger

Good News I hope!
I bought a Behringer 2222fx mixer .Will get it in a day or two. Sorry if I wasted your time. I would like to do my eq and effects in the Behringer to save the cpu and ram on my pc. I should now also be able to record in stereo.? All my instruments are s/w or midi and I am not so sure how to split those tracks. Should be easier with digital mixer I hope. Thanks for your patience as a beginner I really appreciate this.

Message 10/13             05-Mar-07  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

Pieter Kruger

Hello
I got my 2222fx pro mixer but still istruggle! I only hear audio tracks from Sonar but the only midi I can hear is from the mono output on my Yamaha PSR-550. PLEASE help me . I am a beginner and have no clue where to from here. Can I seperate my midi tracks through the mixer if I dont have a seperate sound sampler?

Message 11/13             06-Mar-07  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

k

how many outs does the Yamaha PSR-550 have?

Message 12/13             06-Mar-07  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

Pieter Kruger

Only 1 mono output

Message 13/13             06-Mar-07  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: ESI_ESP1010

Pieter Kruger

Can one play midi files through the esp 1010 without an additional sound module? In other words operate it like your sound blaster type sound cards.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot