aaa Mind Kontrol - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Mind Kontrol

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             21-Feb-07  @  07:01 AM   -   Mind Kontrol

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just uploaded my latest, it kinda started out as a real chilled track & then evolved into more of an upbeat ambient style, anyhow, all comments are welcome.

The EQ is far from perfect, but I think its improving slowly!

Mind Kontrol

Thanks chaps

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             21-Feb-07  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol

GrooveMonkey

I think your drums need some work, they sound like an afterthought. Otherwise, there's some nice sounds in her.

Neat tune, but maybe a little on the long side, perhaps take a few bits out...

G

Message 3/10             21-Feb-07  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol

nme

GrooveMonkey wrote:

I think your drums need some work, they sound like an afterthought. Otherwise, theres some nice sounds in her.

Neat tune, but maybe a little on the long side, perhaps take a few bits out...

G

Thanks GM, re the drums do you mean eq wise or somthing else?

Cheers

Message 4/10             21-Feb-07  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol

Moujik

I agree with you re:the EQ; I'd say on some of your individual synth sounds to make everything sit a bit better together.

I don't mind the drums actually, but I was waiting for a big tuff break to kick in...

Overall it's pretty nice though - good work.

Message 5/10             21-Feb-07  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol

nme

Moujik wrote:

I agree with you re:the EQ; Id say on some of your individual synth sounds to make everything sit a bit better together.

I dont mind the drums actually, but I was waiting for a big tuff break to kick in...

Overall its pretty nice though - good work.

Im using the M Class Mastering Suite which eqs the track as a whole, would it be better to add a peq2 to each track & then eq each synth individually do you think?

Cheers

Message 6/10             21-Feb-07  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol

GrooveMonkey

I meant that to me it sounds like there were no drums in the first place and then at the last minute you put some in.

And yeah, definately have track EQ's You .cant really make sounds work together with an just an eq strapped across the main outs.

Also I personally never mix with anything inserted into the master outs. Make the mix sound good, then fiddle about with sweeteing it after.

G

Message 7/10             22-Feb-07  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol

Moujik

Yes, track EQs as GM said.

Although to be honest, depending on which synths you're using, you can probably do a lot of it as part of your patch programming.

Message 8/10             22-Feb-07  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol

nutoniom

lovely sounds. apart maybe from the distorted musical box type. too many parts for myself, but nice nonetheless. Maybe cut some low end on the dominating synth ?

Message 9/10             27-Feb-07  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol EQ Revisit

nme

Thanks for your comments guys...........so heres what Ive done....

Removed the MClass master suite, added/removed tracks/sounds, thickened up the bass, destorted & re adressed the drums, moved the bpm from 115 - 118, & eq'd first using the mixer eq channel for each track & then adding a PEQ2 to each track making necessary adjustments & then I inserted the M Class stereo imager, then the MC Compressor & finally the MC Maximiser between the Hardware Interface & the mixer for the final result.

Its my first time through the whole EQ thing without using the MClass Suite, so Id like to hear your comments guys if you would take a quick listen to each track & any pointers in the right direction would be most welcome!

new link
Mind Kontrol II EQ Revisited

Track EQ'd using MClass Suite
Mind Kontrol Original

Message 10/10             28-Feb-07  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: Mind Kontrol

nme

nutoniom wrote:

lovely sounds. apart maybe from the distorted musical box type. too many parts for myself, but nice nonetheless. Maybe cut some low end on the dominating synth ?

Thanks nutonium, Ive had another crack at it, taking onboard some of the comments posted, let me know what you think, appreciated

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot