aaa simple sound card with good D/A converters - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: simple sound card with good D/A converters

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             25-Mar-07  @  06:31 PM     Edit: 25-Mar-07  |  06:32 PM   -   simple sound card with good D/A converters

jonrice

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all, I'm looking for a simple sound card with good digital to analog converters with low latancy.
I have a creativesound blaster live which does the job but I've notice that the lantacy is bad (when I click the mouse to input drum notes it sucks), I'm also getting a controler keyboard so latancy has to be low, is there a way I can use my creative card to good use in this way with a controler. I know there pritty crap but I'm not asking the card to do much just output the sound with low latancy any idea's cheers jon.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             26-Mar-07  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: simple sound card with good D/A converters

k

Link?:  Link

you could try the asio4all driver which is a project running for some time to develop an asio driver for soundblaster and ac97 devices

or best, shell out for a proper asio card such as m-audio's delta audiophile 24/96 which is about £50 GBP

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             26-Mar-07  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: simple sound card with good D/A converters

jonrice

Yep will try them drivers you mentioned... I remember that delta card from time ago, seems very cheap now just what I need.

cheers.

Message 4/5             26-Mar-07  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: simple sound card with good D/A converters

k

Link?:  Link

yeah they are the budget choice although there is cheaper asio ones i think, you cant go wrong with a delta audiophile tho

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             26-Mar-07  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: simple sound card with good D/A converters

jonrice

sounds pritty sweet to me for 50 notes..........I installed them asio4all but I'm getting pops and cracks, its not a problem as all I want is real time input via midi (samples only). I'll keep trying but the input speed is much better, I'm sure I will get it running o.k

Thanks again.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot