aaa It's been a while... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: It's been a while...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             02-Apr-07  @  06:09 AM   -   It's been a while...

BOO

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

NEW CHOONS

Damn it. I haven't been here in a million years.   I've been away making new stuff, so I've
been
productive. I got a bit bitten by the Dubstep thing, so I've been going nuts. I've finished about 6
tracks now and having a lot of fun with it.

I've uploaded 4 new tracks onto me DT page for your perusal...

Cannot Dream is a Dark Dubsteppy track with a big wobbly bass.

Ghost Train is my Ode to Ghost Town, by the Specials. It's another Dubstep track, but a little
bit
more Dancehall. It's got some horns in it.

Daark is another Dubstep track. This time it's Scooby Doo spooky and playful. Big Bass again.

The Real Mahatma is a remix of a London Artist called TARGET=NEW>4Qua . My remix started out as a weird hyperactive Ragga thing with a
wobbly bass and ended up as this weird thing. It's sort of 2-Steppy and sort of Dance Hall, and
a
bit Electro.

Hello to K, Rags, Beds, Moujik, Milan and Garuna - If you guys are still on here... (I'm sure K
is ;) )

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             02-Apr-07  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

Moujik

Sweet. Will check these out tonight

Message 3/11             02-Apr-07  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

k

Link?:  Link

heh, Boo... welcome mate!

will also will check em later

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/11             02-Apr-07  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

BOO

Hey there Moujik and K...

Cheers! I'm going to have to get caught up on what peopel are doing on here now...

It's been too long!

Message 5/11             02-Apr-07  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

Rags .aka. Welder

Cheers man!

Just listening to "Cannot Dream" with one red wine/coke combo already digested... and I like it! (I mean the track, although the drink was fine too :-)

Pretty strict bass/drum line, plenty of agressivity and darkness... I am not used to the genre, but I have been to places where this kinda stuff was played... a bit too mechanic/dark to my taste TBH, but in this case the drum/effects-work and the bass makes it interesting.

"Ghost Train" is pretty much the opposite, again, there is dread and fear in the air, but it is still great fun to take the ride with the killer clown and his freak show... img src='images/notworthy.gif'>

Also, "Daark" has the same kind of "the one-eyed monster is coming for us, but somehow we find this really funny" contradiction... with a bit different (and darker) taste than Ghost Train. I was expecting some kind of extra "twist" at the end tho (but that could be me and the wine hehh :-).

"The Real Mahatma remix" is the perfect track to finish an EP or a live act, or to start a party. Great vocals too.

Message 6/11             02-Apr-07  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

Moujik

Fuck me this is some good stuff!

Cannot Dream: Yup, you can definately tell you've been listening to a lot of dubstep! This is spot on; bass is great & the strings are also really nice. A keeper.

Ghost Train: I'm a big fan of the original, so this is cool. Some of the synth sounds at the start seem a little flat, but could just be my phones. The horns are really nice though.

Daark: Again, this is spot on. Nothing more to say.

The Real Mahatma: Thought I wasn't going to like this one as much, but once the intro finished & the bass kicked it it was cool. Like the vocals; gonna check this guy out.

Anyway, good to hear from you again man... it's like Christmas when you drop in - doesn't happen very often, but we always end up with some cool stuff!

Message 7/11             03-Apr-07  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

BOO

Rags - Cheers! Red wine makes things sound better!   I'm learning that I'm sometimes
overthinking these tracks. The extra twist would be good and I totally agree, but most DJs are
blending into new tracks during the middle 8/break down of most tracks, so the final part is never
heard in most cases!

Moujik - Nice summary! I'm going to jump into Ghost Train and mix it properly. I was never happy
with how it came out, but I'll do a 2.0 version.

Cheers!

Message 8/11             04-Apr-07  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: It's been a while...

k

yeah!, excellent, love that ghost train   - great atmosphere thru all the tracks man, good stuff!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/11             07-Apr-07  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

Maarten

Cannot dream- cool, very. Nice n dark, just how I like em! Ghost Train I can only describe as fun and somewhat spooky at the same time heh.

Message 10/11             07-Apr-07  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

BOO

Hey K and Maarten !

Cheers, fellas!

I'm really into Spooky stuff at the moment. The really dark stuff is a little over done and I like
putting a bit of fun into things.  

What have you been up to?

Message 11/11             07-Apr-07  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: It's been a while...

k

doing another short film, a docu' about the Oryx.. hence i discovered those excellent plugins i posted about on pc music forum

otherwise it's college and bitz and bobz inc the site stuff, alot of works been happeing which isnt finaliy switched on yet, like new homepage templates (really good ones, not like the crappy first attempt, lol)

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)