aaa Broken into two pieces - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Broken into two pieces

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             12-Apr-07  @  07:10 PM   -   Broken into two pieces

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ello, tis been a while. Have cleaned out my area to make room for two recordings, no full-on stuff this time, well- not really. Tracks called Mankinds Universe and I Wish My Industry. There's some things to be said mix-wise I think but hope you like!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             12-Apr-07  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: Broken into two pieces

nme

Just listened to, I Wish My Industry. Great work, dark & deep sounds, for me it really starts to get interesting from about 6.30 ish through to 13 mins & picks up again around 16.30 through to the end. The mix is pretty tight to!

I'll check out your other mix later on.

Message 3/8             13-Apr-07  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: Broken into two pieces

Rags .aka. Welder

Mankinds Universe

Ahh, this is the kind of feeling when you miss something but you can't really figure out what it is exactly. And then it comes, the shiny new good old dark HC from the Netherlands.   It was time, you know!  

One thing (and that is the only one) I am unhappy about is the sound quality... this stuff is too good (wicked) to sound like this. Ok, to be honest, from around 13:00 I didn't really care about it any more, but still...

Apart from that, everything is 101%.

Message 4/8             13-Apr-07  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: Broken into two pieces

Maarten

Thanks for the listen and comments! Couldn't agree more, when I mentioned 'mix' I was mainly refering to sound-quality... I realise I'm having some issues in that area which need tweaking. Not too long ago my Audiophile died on me and ever since I had it replaced in some odd way what I hear as I'm recording is by far not reflected during playback. Not sure if it has to do with the AD converters on my card or not.. have to do some serious testing cause it's really starting to bug me. Als sometimes it seems the balance on the main mix isn't right either.. anyway I'm indeed having some issues here.

cheers!
-M-

Message 5/8             13-Apr-07  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: Broken into two pieces

nutoniom

I'd love to listen, but 23 minutes is too long, still on dial-up (i know, i know...)

maybe some disc in the snail mail pretty please !!

Oh, and it sucks about your issues with the sound card, hope you get it sorted out.

Message 6/8             13-Apr-07  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Broken into two pieces

Rags .aka. Welder

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I thought there must be a reason 'coz your previous stuff were of much higher quality. I've run some test to compare the spectrum of the mix to some material I often use as a reference I use for "quality control" ehh  

The attached picture shows how one should configure a stereo 50-band graphic EQ to get to the references's spectrum. While spactrum matching in itself is not some kind of foolproof way to get always good results, it is apparent that the balance is not right (see the difference between red and blue rectangles). Also there is suggested ~5-6 dB dip around 300 Hz that means you've got too much going on around 300 Hz ...

Message 7/8             13-Apr-07  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Broken into two pieces

Rags .aka. Welder

(I wish my industry)

Superb stuff! ( Maybe a bit short though :-] )
May I ask what is that FM-ish synth sound that one can hear under the drums around 5:30 ?

Message 8/8             14-Apr-07  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: Broken into two pieces

Maarten

Thanks! And thanks for the analysis, yeah I seem to have alot going on in the upper low-range. The FM'ish thing comes outa the virusB BTW.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)