aaa could this work as film music or in a car com - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: could this work as film music or in a car com

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             16-Apr-07  @  04:35 PM   -   could this work as film music or in a car commerci

t_herion

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hey all!

a little background of to put it shortly: I've been producing electronic music since the year 2000 and some of my techno/trance stuff has been published through a dutch record label called Galactive. I did a couple of tracks there under a project name "Primo Lux" and my first single, called "Turnpoint" , took a first place in the dutch dancechart for a short period of time.

Recently I've been experimenting with different styles of music and after finishing my newest track decided to put it available for public, for a feedback or so.

So here's the track: http://koti.mbnet.fi/~peteman/biisit/Petri_Suhonen_-_Stuck_In_A_Quagmire.mp3

size:6,9 mb
quality: VBR
lenght: 3:40
style: you decide, at least not techno/trance

ANY feedback is welcome!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             16-Apr-07  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: could this work as film music or in a car com

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

Me like it!

Great melody, and nice sounds too.

Have you considered changing the main melody a little bit around the end? Not that it is not nice this way but that would definetly make it a complete "story"... well in my opinion of course

Cheers,
Welder

Message 3/6             16-Apr-07  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: could this work as film music or in a car com

nme

Link?: Link

This is a really nice track, I would have liked to have heard a chorus maybe to break it up a little & then reintroduce that cool melody again?

Message 4/6             17-Apr-07  @  07:58 AM   -   RE: could this work as film music or in a car com

t_herion

Thanks for your comments guys, appreciated!
Those are good ideas, could work...

Message 5/6             17-Apr-07  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: could this work as film music or in a car com

k

Link?:  Link

yeah not bad but the mix lacks much dynamic or spacial quality, it's been crushed to fuck by compression (the kik is non existant) and the mix doesnt have much depth and power, dont be afraid to push things hard and get some drive and grit

the theme is very strong tho

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6             17-Apr-07  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: could this work as film music or in a car com

t_herion

Thanks for your comments!
Yeah its heavily overcompressed, i have a bad habit to do that for my mixes just to gain loudness... bad bad habit, i know If listened through a decent monitors or headphones the heavily unbalanced and jumping bass frequencies - for example - are clearly heard....

I did it sort of a purpose, just for the loudness, and I think most non-musician listeners wont pay attention to it... but it's easilly fixed when needed

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)