aaa Sony Acid, Halion and Busses - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sony Acid, Halion and Busses

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             23-Apr-07  @  09:53 AM   -   Sony Acid, Halion and Busses

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all,

in the past to isolate Halion tracks so that i can add indiviudal effects (not the horrible ones that come with Halion) ive had to open multiple versions of Halion and add effects on each one.

the problem i have is many of my tracks are so large these days that it is too CPU intensive to do this anymore- plus i like the idea of having one of each soft -sampler/-synth so its all tidier...

how do i route these tracks to busses? in Halion you can select the output but all are silent accept the default stereo one...

i don't have a fancy soundcard and am assuming the other outputs are for routing through your soundcard to an external mixer... therefore i how i do i route them internally?

my sound card is built in- i use a laptop (no slots for cards)

any ideas?

oh please don't reply with 'don't use acid', or 'acid is crap' etc like so many other helpful souls have on other forums... all my projects are in acid and im not about to change (well not until i can actually afford an alternative!!)

cheers

greg

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             23-Apr-07  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Sony Acid, Halion and Busses

k

Link?:  Link

it depends if ACID support multi-out instruments.. does it (the version you have if it does at all)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             24-Apr-07  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: Sony Acid, Halion and Busses

monkeybasket2001

well this is the thing- i will read up on this but was assuming the various output options in each track of halion pertained to channels on a sound card- being stereo 1 - 4 , mono 1 - 4 and 5.1

dubs

Message 4/7             24-Apr-07  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Sony Acid, Halion and Busses

k

no, thats not how it works in logic or cubase, what happens is the instrument just has multiple streams inside the host mixer which then can be routed to individual outs

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             24-Apr-07  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Sony Acid, Halion and Busses

monkeybasket2001

are thinking acid is probably not quite up to that task- bah!! looks like multiple versions of halion for me then....

cheers K

dubs

Message 6/7             25-Apr-07  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Sony Acid, Halion and Busses

k

well you must be missing it cos in fact i looked and it says (for version 6):

Multiport VSTi Soft Synth Support

Use VST soft synths with multiple output ports and individually mute, solo, add effects to, and adjust volume for each soft synth bus control.

so it does do it, you'd better read the manual mate

anyways, i use vegas and dvd architect from sony and i wish other companies would take a leaf out of their book, never any bugs i've noticed, regular serious updates, and i like little things they do in terms of navigation etc

Message 7/7             25-Apr-07  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Sony Acid, Halion and Busses

monkeybasket2001

mea culpa!!

i think im actually getting progressively stupider- having made basic errors today at work already....

perhaps its the way i have it set up but thanks for taking the time K... so glad i hadn't started rejuggling my tracks!!

dubs

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)