aaa EP001 - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: EP001

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             01-May-07  @  05:50 PM   -   EP001

Joab Nevo

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well, would sure like to hear comments & thoughts from anyone who cares to listen to this compilation of rather old stuff I'm thinking of releasing pretty soon.

My page: http://www.7161.com/~Joab_Nevo
Album streaming: http://www.7161.com/stream_all_albumlist_xx.cfm?job_id=862

Cheers,
Joab.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             01-May-07  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: EP001

k

Link?:  Link

is that you?... (track 1 - the rebordn) damn good voice, i like the old analog vibe to the music which begins - what did you record that backing on?.. it sounds very smooth and organic.

the vocal dissapears in the chorus tho or whatever when the music builds the vocal dissapears almost and the music gets very messy, distorted and mushy.

i've got windows media player volume control right down to almost zero and it's peaking my soundcard mixer meters over 0db so you have some serious problems there with the file which must be overloaded to f*ck

track 2 - again nice organic sounds, VERY hot mix tho again very loud mastering.

anyways, good songs, good playing, nice overall sound but i think mebbe mastered too hot so the depth of the music dissapears dynamicaly?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             01-May-07  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: EP001

nme

Its not the kinda stuff Id normally listen too however Im sure there are plenty who will, that being said I quite like Star, kinda reminds me of the Beloved which is a pretty cool band in my opinion. Whoever it is singing the vocals has a really good voice.

As for the mix I guess K has covered that.

Nice work

Message 4/6             04-May-07  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: EP001

Joab Nevo

oh wow, thanks for the quick reply, guys.
1st of all - yeah, it's me singing, thank you both for the kind words about it! These tracks were actually recorded before I took vocal coaching. I think I sound better nowadays  
Of course you're both right about the mixing and mastering, which is kinda off on all tracks. I'm gonna re-master them prior to releasing them (if I actually decide to go through with it). 'The Reborn - Remastered' will be re-remastered too, since something went hayward there. But it's sure nice to know you dug the tunes, k, and that even though it's not your style, nme, you still took the time to listen and to write this message, and hey you even liked 'star'. That's very cool.
Thanks alot, guys.

J

Message 5/6             04-May-07  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: EP001

k

Link?:  Link

can any of it be totaly remixed from scratch?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6             04-May-07  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: EP001

Joab Nevo

Well, I have 3 of the tracks on DAT, divided to channels. The others, I will try to EQ (I have them on better sounding unnormalized wavs).

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot