aaa perceptoid (test remix) - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: perceptoid (test remix)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             07-Jun-07  @  10:32 PM   -   perceptoid (test remix)

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ive uploaded my remix of perceptoid, original by DJ Breed, just wondered what any of your thoughts are regarding the track itself, content does it flow or sound a little disjointed etc...

The levels & eq are way off I know, it has had very little input in this regard in its current state. Im currently learning the cubase tutorials as its my intention to export it & bring it all together in there as cubase has so much more to offer & if I can get it half way right will improve the track so much more.

Feedback, comments etc.... appeciated guys.

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             07-Jun-07  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: perceptoid (test remix)

nme

.....oh yeah, meant to say, its a tad long, is there a recomended track time or guide I should keep in mind to prevent a track from becoming over repetitive or monotonous?

Message 3/7             08-Jun-07  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: perceptoid (test remix)

k

Link?:  Link

ok, good intro sound, makes your ears perk up like a cat hearing a sound in the house.... sounds dark as it gets going

ok it's at halfway, i'll be honest, there's great little touches and fx etc, but it seems to lack direction or dance floor flow, so i'm not even listening to it as that sort of music

it is it's more like a film music piece, i could imagine that with dark disjointed 'SEVEN' style intro titles showing, there's themes in there alright but the way that they ebb and flow rather than developing in a linear fashion ssuits the piece more to film I'd say, also the kik is quite unusual, very thin and clicky... i like it alot as title music which would suit some sort of edgy and stylish suspense film, you should try wacking it over some video footage off the web because it's perhaps got more atmosphere than an obvious theme, good stuff tho mate

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             13-Jun-07  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: perceptoid (test remix)

nme

Thanks K, for the feedback, appreciate the comments you left. Seems Im a little way off from achieving what I had set out to do, but there was some good stuff in there also, Im hoping a decent eq, when I can get the time to complete it will help make a difference, albeit only slight, (having taken on board your comments) to the overall presentation & may help improve it.

All in all though a worthwhile exercise I feel which has helped to provide a little more knowledge of the bigger picture & added another aspect to my ongoing learning curve.

Regarding the suggestion about running it over some footage from the web, ill take a look at that at some point, I agree, I think there could be some interesting results from that, I guess the key to that is finding the right kind of footage to accompany it. Not sure where to start looking for such stuff (if you have any starters for 10, please let me know) but ill have a ganders round the net!

Cheers for taking the time to listen & comment, nice one.

Message 5/7             14-Jun-07  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: perceptoid (test remix)

nme

After a quick google.....heres a starter for some snippets of interesting web footage I came across if anyones looking for the same.

http://www.ngdigitalmotion.com/

Message 6/7             06-Jul-07  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: perceptoid (test remix)

GrooveMonkey

So...

Like K I think the intro is neat, very soundtrack feel to it.

Not into the drums, they send it off in a direction I was not really expecting

Nice FX touhces here and there

its the drums, they just don't do it for me.. soz...

I'm hearing, much more trippy drums and much less of them, just enough to give the thing some momentum

Synth leads are good tho!

has potential

G

Message 7/7             12-Jul-07  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: perceptoid (test remix)

nme

Thanks for the feedback & comments GM, always interesting to know how its recieved out there!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot