aaa M/Audio...no headphone socket - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: M/Audio...no headphone socket

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             13-Jul-07  @  05:41 PM   -   M/Audio...no headphone socket

jonrice

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello all, I have an M/Audio sound card 24/96 the one with the phone in and out but it has no headphone socket......any ideas how I can sort this out.

any help much apprciated

cheers jon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             14-Jul-07  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: M/Audio...no headphone socket

k

Link?:  Link

well, on my boys setup he also uses an m-audio 24/96, and he used to use the hi-fi amp headphone socket until he got active monitors. Once he got active monitors instead of using the amp/speakers he suddenly had no headphone socket!

so we got a small cheap behringer 5:1 mixer, the smallest one which cost about 30 quid

the 24/96 L/R OUT routes to the input of the mixer - the master L/R OUT of the mixer routes to the monitors

the L/R master controls the monitor level - and the headphone socket is on the mixer

the point is, you could get a cheap headphone amp, but then how do you route the soundcard to the monitors AND the headphones from just a single L/R soundcard output?. You can't do both with a cheap headphone amp

so try that... a small cheap tablet style mixer, but if you use a hi-fi amp and speakers, just use the hi-fi amp headphone socket

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             14-Jul-07  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: M/Audio...no headphone socket

jonrice

Link?:  No link

Thanks very much for the info.......and no, I have no other bloody head phone socket damm amp.

I\m looking to buy a mixer as I thought this would be the best way round this.

Much appreciated.

Message 4/4             14-Jul-07  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: M/Audio...no headphone socket

k

Link?:  Link

you just need (minimum) something like this:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/edit.cfm?product_id=191244&carrywith=

that's 30 quid, and you could also use it to record a mic (no phantom power tho on that model)

there is cheaper ones, thomann do an own-brand small mixer for 19 quid

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/edit.cfm?product_id=195139&carrywith=

dunoo the quality but their own-brand gear usualy has a full 3 year warranty

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)