aaa How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             17-Aug-07  @  02:51 PM   -   How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Bit of a daft question, but how can I copy a vst animation track in Cubase VST (v1) from one project to another?

I'm sure I've done it before but I just can't remember how.

Had some natty swoops and pitch bending going on with a Reaktor guitar, then had a go at adding a pan to the vst, and so mucked up the scaling somehow.

I tried to reshape the animation to fit but nothing would work. Eventually found an extra voice on the vst that was causing the problem, but now I've changed the animation the track doesn't work anymore.

I've a backup of the Cubase project with the vst animation, so I need to copy this and paste it over the corresponding track in the current project version.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             18-Aug-07  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

k

Link?:  Link

is this controller data on the arrange page or inside the midi piano editor in the lower controller-lane area - y'know it's so log ago i cant remember if VST had that lane-based control mix data on the arrange page

you should be able to lasso the controller data and copy it, i'd have to install an old copy of vst to try it tbh cos i cant remember,

Sox who pops in here from time to time would probably remember cos he used vst so much in the past and at college where he was teaching it to tech noobs whereas i shifted over to logic quite early in vst's lifecycle so cant remember

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             19-Aug-07  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

Musineer Productions

Ah, that's what comes of posting after lunch. I meant SX (v1), not VST.

I mean the VST Instrument Automation track (not the controllers that drop down from the midi track).

I've tried copying the controller events, but they only paste in the same project -- When I call up a new project there's something on the clipboard but it won't paste.

Can't copy and paste the whole track either.

The book I've got is for SX2, and doesn't say. I'll have to have a read of the pdf manual I suppose

Annoying thing is I'm damn sure I've done it a few years ago. Age a creepin'. Just can't stay focused anymore. Anyway, as usual, I'd appreciate thoughts from anyone who can suggest what might be causing the oil to flow out of the tail pipe.

Message 4/8             24-Aug-07  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

k

ah i see. not sure, i'd have to try it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             29-Aug-07  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

Musineer Productions

Well I just couldn't work out how to do it. Nothing in the manual. In the end I re-did the controllers for feedback and frequency, but it's not quite as 'spontaneous' as before.

So this remains current. If anyone knows how to copy VST animation from one project to another in SX(1) then please post!

Message 6/8             29-Aug-07  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

k

ha!... done it!.. you got me curious, so i had to try it....it works in sx2 anyways - it's a bit fiddly but this worked for me to transfer an automation parameter from the vsti NEPHETON (AC LEVEL) in Song-1(.cpr 1), to vsti PHOSYCON (bd level) in Song-2 (.cpr 2)

first i created some automation data for nepheton, lasso'd it with the arrow tool - then EDIT/GROUP to group the nodes together

ok, then create a spare audio track

to drag/copy controller data hold down SHIFT/ALT and then drag/drop

so drag-drop the automation data from the VSTi controller lane to the Audio track VOUME lane (first child below audio track when opened out)

ok now we have a copy of the controller lane data for the vsti on the dummy audio track VOLUME controller-lane

ok now open the new song... they should open together, and each has a little icon on the top/left which is the ACTIVATE icon - only one song can be active

ok... activate the new song and create a dummy audio track - open it's VOLUME controller lane below

Now, RE-activate the other song from which you want to copy the data - lasso the COPY of the controller data on the AUDIO track & EDIT/COPY

Now, activate the other song - select the audio track VOLUME controller lane - EDIT/PASTE

YAHOO!!!!

NOW you can lasso the controller data added to the new song in the audio-track controller lane and drag it to the automation lane of the required vst-instrument - make sure to select the required controller in the vsti lane BEFORE dragging it across and dropping it into the vsti lane

sorted!!

Message 7/8             11-Sep-07  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

Musineer Productions

Champion!

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I've been having a holiday in Grenada.

Excellent instructions. Thanks very much. In SX(1) there's no edit/group, but a range cursor. Otherwise it was spot on. Really, I'm dead chuffed to arrive home and get those vst guitars back as they were before I went a meddlin'.

I've lost my SX2 key and even though I'm registered I can't replace it. I think I preferred SX anyway; didn't get along with the effect return channels in SX2. Though several VSTs don't work in SX that did in SX2...bah.

Is it easier to copy VST controller data from project to project in the current Cubase?

Once again, you're a splendid fellow and all hail and praise to DT.

Message 8/8             14-Sep-07  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: How to Copy VST Animation in Cubase

k

you're welcome bruv, and actualy, it's good cos now I also know how to do it which wouldn't have happened without your question! so cheers yourself

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)