aaa Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music!

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             06-Sep-07  @  11:10 AM   -   Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music!

info

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Calling all Artists & Producers in the following genres:

Chillout, Lounge, Downbeat, Ambient, Electronica, Downtempo, Trip-hop, Nu-Jazz, Acid-Jazz, Soul, Downtempo Dub, Laid back beats, Deep House, Soulful House, World Music, Ethnic (Afro Beat / African)

We need your unsigned original tracks for a new multi volume Compilation album series.

We are looking for more acoustic lounge sounding tracks but will listen to all good tracks in the above genres. We are also looking for session musicians and vocalists in these genres to collaborate with, so please get in touch!

Please send links of your tracks and your info to: subs@unisonglobal.org

For further info, please email info@unisonglobal.org

Thanks and Regards,

Unison Productions

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             11-Sep-07  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music!

malkytrance

Who here has contacted these people

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 3/12             11-Sep-07  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chi

k

Link?:  Link

not me, but there's some good tunes in those genres around the site. They've dome some remix or rather nu-mix of a nusrat fetah ali khan song... hmm... niot sure it works, but then i like his original stuff as-is, even got to see him live once, star sufi geezer

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/12             12-Sep-07  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music!

malkytrance

Yeah he died 10 years ago, god thats gone fast I think Passion by Peter Gabriel is one of my all
time Favourite albums truly beautiful and with Nasrat all over it, very moving in places, also
exceptional production, think there is a remaster out now oooo does sound good on a nice
system.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 5/12             12-Sep-07  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chi

k

you into asik vesal at all? (think thats the spelling)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/12             13-Sep-07  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music!

malkytrance

Seems the spelling is Asik Veysel with a strange blip under the s in Asik, and no I have not
heard him but will check some out.
Malk

Message 7/12             13-Sep-07  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music!

malkytrance

I have contacted this lot and one email came back undelivered and no response from the one
that went!

Message 8/12             14-Sep-07  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chi

k

yeah thats right, with a Y

awesome stuff, also dead now, he was blind apparently... i have an old reel tape somewhere of him singing the opening to the Mathnawi... dunno if the tape is knackered aint tried playing it since about '93

Message 9/12             14-Sep-07  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music!

malkytrance

OO probably have to bake it now, i got a suitcase full of old AMPEX 456 & 457, the days of
fostex 8 track tapes and smpte timecode stripers and stuff , when i wer lad.............lol

Message 10/12             15-Sep-07  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chi

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

omg yes!... i had that smpte rack unit, that british one, the XRI XR300, made in birmingham if i remember rightly

Message 11/12             18-Sep-07  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chillout music!

malkytrance

LOL Thats the one we had as well, "like o my god" as the Americans say, nothing like rewinding
the tape and you havent set the OO:OO:OO:OO properly and it flys off the end and you have to
re spool it, ha ha spool those wer days.

Message 12/12             18-Sep-07  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: Artists & Producers: We want your lounge / chi

k

uhuhu...uhuhu... "spoooool"

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot