aaa To spray or not to spray ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: To spray or not to spray ?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             27-Sep-07  @  03:21 AM     Edit: 15-Dec-07  |  04:19 AM   -   To spray or not to spray ?

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

..scratchy pots ?

your feeling about it.

so far, I got one back by tweaking it steadily for a while, but there is still a bit of scratchiness. So, I have this can of spray here Electronic and electrical contact cleaner, should I use this stuff, or do I risk damaging my synths in the long run ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             27-Sep-07  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: To spray or not to spray ?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

well i'm no expert but dont use car contact spray, get a can of phospro from Maplin, but you gotta go inside the synth and get the spray into the pots if you can find a small access hole on the pot mechanism casing inside the synth. It's no good spraying cleaner onto the outside of the pot spline and thinking it'll seep down into the plot insides properly

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             27-Sep-07  @  08:48 PM     Edit: 15-Dec-07  |  04:19 AM   -   RE: To spray or not to spray ?

nutoniom

File?:  [image]

[image file]

MMM, yes, I kind of figured that spraying liberally wouldn't do much good, I was more concerned with the stuff "eating" the pot. I tried searching for the phospro but found nothing. The stuff I have is basically a blend of alchools, highly flammable apparently.

Message 4/6             28-Sep-07  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: To spray or not to spray ?

k

well they should sell it, it even has a NATO part number (cos it's used by NATO) mebbe actualy I got it from radio spares? not sure or even studiospares

ah, I spelled it wrong.. it is FOSPRO, dur

http://www.studiospares.com/pd_635090_FOSPRO%20400mL.htm

Fospro

Fospro is a 4-in-1 de-watering, penetrating, lubricating electrical conductivity CO2 friendly fluid. Fospro comes with an extension tube which ensures easy access to areas which are normally difficult to reach. FOSPRO is ideal for lubricating hinges, restoring electrical conductivity and dismantling nuts and bolts.

Available in 12 x 320ml

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             29-Sep-07  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: To spray or not to spray ?

nutoniom

Here, that's the stuff I got:

KLEENS-IT ELECTRONIC CONTACT CLEANER - FLAMMABLE

A natural blend of four alcohols engineered to flush and clean dust, dirt and contaminants with no damaging effects to plastics, metals, synthetics, electrical components and circuit boards. Works to deflux solder joints for positive connections.

Message 6/6             29-Sep-07  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: To spray or not to spray ?

k

sounds ok, dont know it tho... slightly concerned that it shows a car distributor on the canister, but i'm sure it's ok  

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot