aaa So kilo when you going 8 core mac - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: So kilo when you going 8 core mac

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             01-Oct-07  @  09:05 PM   -   So kilo when you going 8 core mac

malkytrance

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

So when you getting the flagship mac, screen and logic then?
Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             02-Oct-07  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: So kilo when you going 8 core mac

k

Link?:  Link

not 8 core, thats overkill. a quad, but i now have a cooling off period, lol to ask myself do i really want to spend that or will an imac do the job, not sure yet, i went back to try it again, and am taking my time

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             02-Oct-07  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: So kilo when you going 8 core mac

Bedwyr

you don't need a mac to run osx ...

as long as you got sse2, sse3 intel or amd, "uphuck osx 86" dvd, get some mac drivers for your audio card, logic's just a serial number now ... try it out before you empty your wallet.

Message 4/6             02-Oct-07  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: So kilo when you going 8 core mac

malkytrance

Its not about osx though its a good op sys at the mo its about logic which is very good and the
fact that a shiny silver mac pro loaded with memory and that great big 30 inch screen god it'll
mean you can sit down the pub and think yes iam superior with my setup iam happy iam
complete lol only joking, no its a good system anyone who hasnt tried a bit of logic on a nice
machine should, but i guess there is no reason why in the future it will surely return to pc as they
all use intel init?, i think choice is the key if we all have a choice then cool,............Lovely silver
dream machine......space designer...............one screen layout, auto multiouts on instruments as
and when u need them.....................channels linked to sends and auxs as you click and edit I
think they hit the nail on the head with what all seq should be like. And logic is at a killer price,
now there is nothing that comes close at that price.
Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 5/6             02-Oct-07  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: So kilo when you going 8 core mac

malkytrance

As for over kill hmmmm you probably havent used Ni massive or Ni photone and there will be
newer ones, them 2 use huge amounts of cpu 8 core is not overkill you wait there will be synths
that eat it up, I thought my 4ghz would be enough a couple of years back then massive came
along and god is that gready, but the sound quality you can hear where its all going these new
ones make the older ones start to sound a bit dull, if you hear the comparison you will know
what I mean and its just the start, the more muscle now the longer your system will be capable.
Malk

Message 6/6             02-Oct-07  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: So kilo when you going 8 core mac

k

Link?:  Link

Bedwyr wrote:

you dont need a mac to run osx ...

as long as you got sse2, sse3 intel or amd, uphuck osx 86 dvd, get some mac drivers for your audio card, logics just a serial number now ... try it out before you empty your wallet.

agreed (in some ways) but with all the new site stuff to finish, and other stuff i dunno if i've time for all that tbh. i spend so much time each month faffing with mates broken pc's i get sick of it sometimes

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot