aaa new minimal-ish tune up - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new minimal-ish tune up

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             10-Oct-07  @  10:59 PM   -   new minimal-ish tune up

softcore

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ostracized melancholy: my newest tune for which -as always- I will happily accept feedback,enjoy!!!!!!

ostracize-the act of ostracism-Ostracism (origin:Greek oστρακισμός ostrakismos) was a procedure under the Athenian democracy in which a prominent citizen could be expelled from the city-state of Athens for ten years. While some instances clearly expressed popular anger at the victim, ostracism was often used pre-emptively. It was used as a way of defusing major confrontations between rival politicians (by removing one of them from the scene), neutralizing someone thought to be a threat to the state, or exiling a potential tyrant. Crucially, ostracism had no relation to the processes of justice. There was no charge or defence, and the exile was not in fact a penalty; it was simply a command from the Athenian people that one of their number be gone for ten years.
The procedure is to be distinguished from the modern use of the term, which generally refers to informal modes of exclusion from a group through shunning. Derived as it is from the Greek world, still, the classic social anthropological example of ostracism is the precolonial Australian Aboriginal social expulsion of tribe members sometimes even resulting in actual physical death.

melancholy-Melancholia (origin:Greek μελανχολία), in contemporary usage, is a mood disorder of non-specific depression, characterized by low levels of enthusiasm and low levels of eagerness for activity. In a modern context, "melancholy" applies only to the mental or emotional symptoms of depression or despondency; historically, "melancholia" could be physical as well as mental, and melancholic conditions were classified as such by their common cause rather than by their properties. Similarly, melancholia in ancient usage also encompassed mental disorders which would later be differentiated as schizophrenias or bipolar disorders.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             11-Oct-07  @  06:44 AM   -   RE: new minimal-ish tune up

rags .aka. welder

LOL, this is the rythm I always associate with a memory from kindergarden, when we used to play cowboy by running around like nuts and imitating the sound of horseshoes clapping by tapping on our own butt

Seems kinda stupid now hehh...

One real comment about the bass/drum setup is it "flows" a bit less than it should (???), there is a stopping-restarting feel to it, like when you try to walk on a train track, but you always have to adjust the sizes of your steps here and there to make sure you always step on the tie... now don't get me wrong, I like this robotic feel, but if I wanted to go nuts on the dancefloor (which is strongly suggested by the underlying synth stuff) then I would prefer a different swing (or more swing from the same kind that is...)

4 points out of 5 in my book

Message 3/6             11-Oct-07  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: new minimal-ish tune up

k

Link?:  Link

i like it but i dont think the pads and synth sounds are high enuff.. i like them subtle as they are but also i'd like to hear a version with them higher

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             11-Oct-07  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: new minimal-ish tune up

softcore

rags .aka. welder wrote:

LOL, this is the rythm I always associate with a memory from kindergarden, when we used to play cowboy by running around like nuts and imitating the sound of horseshoes clapping by tapping on our own butt

Seems kinda stupid now hehh...

........still trying to figure out if thats a postive comment or a negative one

I guess 4 out of 5 makes for a postive one then.........

Ok seriously now,thank you both of you guys for listening and reviewing,I always take notes of your suggestions!!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Message 5/6             12-Oct-07  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: new minimal-ish tune up

rags .aka. welder

........still trying to figure out if thats a postive comment or a negative one

Well, it brings back childhood memories, should be positive

Message 6/6             14-Dec-07  @  08:29 PM     Edit: 15-Dec-07  |  10:38 PM   -   RE: new minimal-ish tune up

nme

Cool track, nice elecronic feel to it.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)