aaa Roland_JP 8000 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland_JP 8000

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             24-Oct-07  @  08:15 AM   -   Roland_JP 8000      [Link: Roland - JP-8000]

wolfeworks

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I just bought a JP-8000 and all of the patches are 1/2 step flat even though the master tune is set at a440 and none of the patches are detuned or transposed. I initialized the unit to the factory defaults and still the same issue. Only the left split of patch one is actually in tune. Does anyone have an idea of what wrong with this otherwise prestine unit?
Cheers-
-Mark (wolfeworks@comcast.net)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             24-Oct-07  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Roland_JP 8000

k

Link?:  Link

er.. is it the part-transpose setting? if it's a split thats detuned then it cant be a general fault for the whole keys, mebbe u missed something in performance settings etc?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             02-Nov-07  @  08:57 AM   -   RE: Roland_JP 8000

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

dunno if it may be this. BUT, my JP8000's pitchbend stick doesnt centre properly.

As a result some patches sound detuned slightly (usually patches with a pitch bend range of an octave).

You end up having to re-centre the pitch bend/modulation stick a lot of the time, its a pain in the arse. It also sends out tonnes of pitch bend midi signals back to cubase.

Its been like that since new. Not sure if that may be a contributing factor for you.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)