aaa Midi Latency - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Midi Latency

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             27-Oct-07  @  02:30 PM   -   Midi Latency

joegornall

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everyone, today is a special day for me. Ive finally got all my gear and Im trying to set it all up.

Everythings brand new out the box, and all the drivers etc were pre installed yesterday.

Ive just hooked up korg padKontrol (which is via USB from the Carillon) and assigned the pads to the pads on the GURU drum machine software but there's a delay from hitting the pad to the sound coming out, quite small but annoying enough to not be able to play it properly. This delay is also apparent when using my synth as a controller (which is via the midi outs/ins on the EMU 1616m soundcard.

Surely there's a way to get rid of this?

The carillon is a quad core dual mega uber sonic schumacher thing so has plenty of speed etc etc.

Im not even trying to use it in Cubase yet as I want to sort it out just using guru as a standalone so as to not confuse matters.

Ive tried looking under device drivers etc but cant seem to find anything that lets me adjust any midi latency. My knowledge and understanding of these technical issues is very limited so go easy please!

Any help greatly appreciated,

Joe

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             27-Oct-07  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Midi Latency

k

Link?:  Link

hey mate. Wether using an item standalone or in a sequencer, you need to assign the ASIO driver as the audio device i/o in the s/w you're using

and you need to set the lkatency for the soundcard to at least 512 samples or 5ms - you do all that in the soundcard's control applet before opening the s/w and assigning the correct asio driver as above

try it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             03-Nov-07  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Midi Latency

joegornall

Link?:  No link

Thanks mate, thats worked! Can finally get started.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot