aaa new one-seems im on a roll - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new one-seems im on a roll

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             06-Nov-07  @  10:42 PM   -   new one-seems im on a roll

softcore

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi guys Im very satisfied with myself as lately I ve really improved in the amount of time of putting a tune down!!!!
Of course a lot could argue if this has any impact on the quality of my creations!!!!

Well,to tell the truth I cannot be the judge of that!!!!So here ya go.........my latest one:
"potentially unwanted newcomer"

As always all tips-reviews-ideas are welcome!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             12-Nov-07  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: new one-seems im on a roll

k

Link?:  Link

very clear mix. whats doing the drum sounds on that? it's quite a subtle peice to my ears

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             14-Nov-07  @  07:26 PM     Edit: 14-Nov-07  |  07:38 PM   -   RE: new one-seems im on a roll

softcore

Thanks for listening and for your kind words!!!!

As for the drum sounds I used some drum (one shot) samples I ve got from various sources......with a bit of processing of course to suit them to my taste!!!
....then I i created an audio track playing a looped white noise..(filtered and saturated)...then i gated it with a sidechainable gate......and then i routed/sent my hi hats to the input of the sidechain gate and fiddled/automated the threshold,hold and release settings throughout the tune causing the gate to let the white noise pass through in dependance with the hi hats-makin it sound like a decay of them

Actually i had listened to this kind of effect a lot of times in commercial minimal techno tunes but never had a sidechainable gate to try it!!!

Sorry if my use of sound engineering terms is not quite accurate (hence sometimes using two words to describe one thing,but hey english is not my native language)

Thanks again for listening!!!

Message 4/5             23-Nov-07  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: new one-seems im on a roll

nme

Interesting track compilation, the sounds are coming through nice & clear. They're well produced as I see it & I like the uncomplicated way in which there put together, theres some great sounds & effects in there that keep you interested throughout whilst they roll along with a cool bouncy feel to them.

Great re-intro at 5.35 on the Headlands Experiment probably my favourite of them all.

Great work, good stuff!

Message 5/5             28-Nov-07  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: new one-seems im on a roll

softcore

Thanks a lot man!!!!Enjoying madman with an afro as I type!!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)