aaa Emu_ESI-4000 - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Emu_ESI-4000

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             18-Dec-07  @  09:35 PM   -   Emu_ESI-4000      [Link: Emu - ESI-4000]

tclot

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

just got esi4000. nice. want to grab samples from emu sampled cds and create keyboard splits using only the samples i need per song. there's something i'm not getting in this process and it's driving me nuts. any simple 1-2-3 instructions tips or tricks anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. it's probably something easy i'm not getting. thanx. --tc

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-Dec-07  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

k

Link?:  Link

never used one, but emu OS usualy is just a simple matter to add and map the samples to key-ranges in a 'preset'... simple as that really, nothing fancy to do

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             10-Jan-08  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

Aha i have one of these, wouldnt it be easier to just use all 16 midi parts or do u really need split
keyboard sets on same midi channel, if so ill have a look (as i dont use mine anymore) if i
remember its a bit of a confusing beast when it comes to altering key span ranges!.

Excellent filters on it though, and never try to use multiply transform on any thing bigger than a
0.4 sec sample as it will take ages and i mean 30 minutes for a few seconds,

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 4/5             13-Jan-08  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

Malcolm Jeffery

Go here download manual:

TARGET=NEW>Esi Manual

Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 5/5             21-Mar-11  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

Komposition.x

never used one, but emu OS usualy is just a simple matter to add and map the samples to key-ranges in a 'preset'... simple as that really, nothing fancy to do.

Pink Fizz (yeah.... you quoted above me!), if you've never used on "Shut the fuck Up!", Brother, the ESI-4000 was the Low end alt to the EMU E4 Platinums, and thus sound awesome, have great polyphony, filters, and sample well. Get a used S/H SCUSI CD-ROM 56 Pin Centronics to 25 Pin EMU, check how much 72 pinn SDRAM you have, (16meg I bet) 128 Meg is total DO IT! - Just ebay this stuff & it will come up at 10-20 Bucks. And life will be so much sweeter!

I have over 400 EMU CD-ROM Discs, that are in wave/aiff and EMU proprietary or Roland/Akai. PM me for details
Peace.
Komposition.X

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)