aaa Rags: We are not Anatoliy - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             27-Jan-08  @  01:28 PM   -   Rags: We are not Anatoliy

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey Folks!

Hmmm, it has been a while since I have posted a new track... 'been doing all kinds of geeky stuff with limiters an EQ-s (see Wolandroid's album "The Hesitator" )... but it was time to make some music as well.

This one is a bit long, mainly due to the oversized intro, but I still hope you'll like it.

cheers,
Rags

Listen to: We are not Anatoliy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             28-Jan-08  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

k

Link?:  Link

awesome mate!!, just found it browsing on the new site design... beautifuly balanced bassy pad in there too!... + perfect mix.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             31-Jan-08  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

rags .aka. welder

Thanks man!

Message 4/9             01-Feb-08  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

Musineer Productions

Moody start. Thought it might have been the cogitation inside Anatoly the chess player's head whilst planning a dastardly move. But then the captain(captive?)/space reference. Intrigued, a quick search revealed it's a popular name for research heads over them there Eastern hills. Some obscure reference to space research? Then I went lateral, maybe it's names with meanings. Anatoly (anatolii, etc) apparently means both 'east' and 'sunrise', whilst the sample 'ambrose' suggests immortality.

So I stopped wondering about it and listened. Good shifts within a mood. I usually don't have much time for vocoders but you've used it well. I agree with K about the mix. You've still got the barbed-wire ear buds (the buzzy synth) effect, but they don't hurt -- even loud. Good mixture of different sound textures gives it many levels (tiers).

Message 5/9             02-Feb-08  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

rags .aka. welder

Well actually I tend to choose these samples arbitrarily (ok, well more based on sound than message at least) and then try to build around the feel of it with no really concern about actually what is being said.

Of course it's just an illusion that it doesn't matter what these strange people say on these stupid samples ripped from sci-fi adventure games, but I feel more comfortable with this illusion

Thanks for listening and thoughts.

Message 6/9             03-Feb-08  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

capthook

Link?:  Link

I dig it! I'm listening to it now and the intro is nice with the syncopated filter rocks that pad! Then at about 2:30, there's even more intro, it's like intro--> preverse (not perverse!)--> main verse, etc. What I like most is your transitions and the kick drum, well done! Superb vocoder trickery!

I used to own a Nord Modular that had a nice vocoder like that, but now I use Logic's vocoder, which is almost the same- with some tweaking that is. I also really like the increased activity towards the end (a subtle build) in anticipation for the final , more serene finish! Well done and I hope to hear more soon, keep it up!

capthook

Message 7/9             20-Apr-08  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

milan

pffft... Rags, you still rule and i'm getting bored with it  

Message 8/9             22-Apr-08  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

Absorption

been away a while rags but its great to see your still turning out classic music! love this track, the production and everything about it is first class. im glad to be back!!!

Message 9/9             22-Apr-08  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: Rags: We are not Anatoliy

rags .aka. welder

LOL @ Milan

Thanks folks, your nice comments are really appreciated!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot