aaa Angel- new track, old user returning to DT... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Angel- new track, old user returning to DT...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             01-Feb-08  @  12:47 PM   -   Angels- new track, old user returning to DT...

capthook

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hello all!

It's been a while, but I am happy to return to DT!! Here are some recent tracks that I just finished finished called "Angels," "A Waltz for AJ," and "The World's Fair 2008."

"Angels_(final) is basically binary form (A, B) (a, a'--> b, b') but with electronic textures and colors. I posted here on DT and did I say that I was happy to be back with other musicians?!?!?!

"A Waltz for AJ" is is a waltz in ternary form.

"The World's Fair" is hard to explain, but it is funky and a bit explicit. I use a lot of sample chopping and such.

I look forward to being a part of the community again. I am eager to listen to all the new material that is up on DT. I hope you enjoy and I look forward to comments please!

Angels

A Waltz for AJ

The World's Fair 2008

capthook

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             01-Feb-08  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: Angel- new track, old user returning to DT...

k

so come one who are ya?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             01-Feb-08  @  03:39 PM     Edit: 01-Feb-08  |  03:40 PM   -   RE: Angel- new track, old user returning to DT...

capthook

I'm capthook of course silly;) I don't think anyone will remember me anyways, I was mainly a lurker but I did comment on music a lot. I frequented DT from 1998-2003 and then I had no time due to college.

Like I said before, I'm really happy to be able to listen to new music, talk with other musicians, and to have my material to be heard by other musicians! I'm happy that DT is alive and well.

cappy

Message 4/7             01-Feb-08  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Angel- new track, old user returning to DT...

k

well thats some weird tune-age my man! lol - great beat in that angels track and the overall sound quality is prestine, really dynamic and clean.

i wondered if you were HANK, remember him? he wrote to me recently after an absense, but I aint seen him on the site using that name

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             01-Feb-08  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Angel- new track, old user returning to DT...

capthook

K,

Thanks for listening! Yeah, I know my music doesn't really fit into a specific genre, which I really like. I believe I remember Hank. Really though, I was really quiet when I here. I wasn't one of the frequent writers. Take care!

capthook

Message 6/7             02-Feb-08  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Angel- new track, old user returning to DT...

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

Angels: a bit weird but weird in a good way, so I think I can't complain much.
I'd maybe enhance these contrasts here and there a bit more, like when you drop in that synth sound that is perfectly out-of-context... but the magnitude of the out-of-contextness could still be increased a little bit IMO.

Message 7/7             03-Feb-08  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: Angel- new track, old user returning to DT...

capthook

Rags,

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! Yeah, i hear what you're saying about a bit more of the unusual context sounds. I have such a hard time new things for builds/ break downs. The snare roll gets old quick, so there's many things that I'm working on that are quasi-new I guess. Thanks again!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot