aaa My "String Quartet No. 1" in four movements... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: My "String Quartet No. 1" in four movements...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             01-Feb-08  @  05:01 PM   -   My

capthook

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Here is my String Quartet No. 1 in four movements. It was performed by university players, so beware of a few scratches or rhythm hiccups, but overall they did a good job.

I hope you enjoy and I was wondering how I could put these in the acoustic music section on 7161.

String Quartet No 1 I. Allegro con forza A forceful first movement, basically a study in thirds and 2nds. It is in rondo form and contains a lot of dissonance, but still stays within the key range of "a."

String Quartet No 1 II. Andante I use more of the traditional tonal language of Late Romantic period in the second mvmnt.

String Quartet No 1 III. Allegro This movement is composed using set theory, but it isn't all numbers. There is still some hint of quasi-tonality, but my use of dynamics helps to understand cadential points and such.

String Quartet No 1 IV. Adagio Again, I use Late Romantic harmonic language here. My favorite movement.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             02-Feb-08  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: My

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

String Quartet No 1 I. Allegro con forza A forceful first movement, basically a study in thirds and 2nds. It is in rondo form and contains a lot of dissonance, but still stays within the key range of "a."

Disclaimer: I don't understand a word. (To elaborate on that: my musical education was very basic, and it had very little effect on me ).

Not really my cup of tea, maybe it's because of the too much dissonance... on the other hand I could very much imagine this piece as film music. (Actually, the more I listen the less that dissonance bothers me, so prolly I'm not totally hopeless at least..)

String Quartet No 1 II. Andante I use more of the traditional tonal language of Late Romantic period in the second mvmnt.

Really beautiful this one.

String Quartet No 1 III. Allegro This movement is composed using set theory, but it isn't all numbers. There is still some hint of quasi-tonality, but my use of dynamics helps to understand cadential points and such.

Really liked the last 30 seconds, the beginning just goes it too many directions in a too short time for me

"String Quartet No 1 IV. Adagio Again, I use Late Romantic harmonic language here. My favorite movement."

Again, something very nice.

Message 3/4             06-Feb-08  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: My

capthook

Thanks for taking a listen, I appreciate the comments!

Message 4/4             06-Feb-08  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: My

k

your stuff is bonkers Cap'n!!, i was browsing the tracks the other night on the new site and heard a couple, not sure which ones, but it's fascinating stuff... actualy made me chuckle a few times......

there's some good music in there btw still. I hope with the new site and some promo we can keep that going but increase.. it's quite odd seeing the new Future website doing a DT trying to add in user music files and profiles, not sure how well they will do it when finaly implemented, i suspect they wont want to spend money. i did hear that the previous CM/FM site was tied in to the mag, and lost money and the owners weren't too keen cos that ate into the mag's profits cos there were tied together... gossip etc, mebbe this one is different? mebbe they seek to fund it by ads which are quite big and prominant on their ne site, half the page verticaly is big panel ads in most sections

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot