aaa My keyboard isn't getting power - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: My keyboard isn't getting power

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             09-Feb-08  @  03:56 AM   -   My keyboard isn't getting power

getblanked

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've got a Kawai k4 that was working fine until a couple of days a go. It just worked and then it didn't. I checked around inside and I can't see anything that could be wrong. I also bought a new power supply and that wasn't the problem either. I'm thinking it is the power input on the board or the on/off switch is broken. Is there a way to test the switch without removing it and putting a new one in? Any other ideas to get this thing working would be appreciated. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             09-Feb-08  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: My keyboard isn't getting power

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Sure, get a multimeter (any cheap one will do really, but make sure you have a diode tester function which is quite handy: it beeps when there is connectivity between the two probes).

So what you'll have to do is to trace the power and ground lines at the PCB coming from the main switch and check if you have some kind of voltage between the ground and the power. Try not to shortcut anythng with the probes though...

Also, even before attempting that just look through the PCB and check the solderings, especially around the connectors/switches (which are stressed from outside and might break the soldering... most of the times this can be easy to determine by just looking at it, and trying to move the components a little bit...)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)