aaa whats happened to british internet? is it me? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: whats happened to british internet? is it me?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             29-Feb-08  @  12:09 AM   -   whats happened to british internet? is it me?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

everyone seems to be getting crap speeds lately i talk to.. also, it's very quiet, what gives? less cars around too, it's really wierd atmosphere like a film

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             29-Feb-08  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: whats happened to british internet? is it me?

Jock

Link?: Link

aye, I agree. Its been taking me ages to download grumble vids recently. So much so that I've lost interest and not bothered with the WWW*

* White Water Wristing.

Message 3/7             01-Mar-08  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: whats happened to british internet? is it me?

k

hur hur

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             02-Mar-08  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: whats happened to british internet? is it me?

Bedwyr

mine's been shit for about a week. down to dialup speeds. today's the first day it's been decent.

windows cement

Message 5/7             02-Mar-08  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: whats happened to british internet? is it me?

k

Lol @ windows cement, lol

i gotta say, it is looking a bit rinsed now windows, that mac Logic even profiles the built in audio device with core audio and sets it all up

i spose it seems that way cos apple owns logic so logic appears in the update s/w section of the mac OS and it updates like a windows update

i did a 'S/W Update' and it updated OSX, logic, quicktime, itunes (i denied that one) and a few other little bits and bobs

so easy

i am gradualy getting used to the odd way they do programme docking in mac OS again (aint used a mac for a year) - I need to learn more key commands I think that's the key for switching programmes easily, but one thing, I plugged in a microsoft USB wheel mouse I had knocking around and bugger me it works! - right click and scroll all works! - so much better than the mac mouse which is truly f*cking aweful... anyways having that mouse made such a HUGE difference.. i started to enjoy zipping around after that and it started to feel like a PC but with a much nicer visual OS.

anyways the bottom line is if logic 8 will run on an old 400mhz G4 with 512 ram (which in fact it rejected on the first few boots, but you can manualy edit the minimum.system.preferences file to make logic request a much lesser minimum spec, and then it runs but just warns you it's not really a fast enuff machine.

Anyways with that old g4 (pci graphics version) you CAN compose basic music using drums and a few synths (you can use freeze)... space designer is a bit of a hog, but it'll still run, just not so well.

I didnt have room to add the dvd content cos it's only a 10gb drive, lol

anyways it's making me wonder what one REALLY needs hardware-wise to run Logic studio 8 well?.. I read some comment a guy wrote on a forum saying, (to someone who asked whether to go quad or 8-core), that he thought 8-core was massive overkill and his quad was running old 90% cpu-meter songs at a flicker of around 3% cpu meter!... plenty of old core2duo imacs out there in ebay for 500 quid!!

anyways I'm amazed how efficient the programming is that it can run at all, but the fact it does run and you can make music with it is quite staggering tbh on such a lowly old G4.

it's starting to look quite reasonable anyways to pickup an old imac or something and stepping up to mac Logic... no dongles, ok it's got some bugs, but so has cubase 4 i think still doesn't it?

I saw someone floggin a copy of logic studio 8 boxed for 200 quid online, but even at the rrp it's stupidly cheap when you consider what is included

oh well, me go play more maccy waccy..... hmmm... I wonder how hard it is to get a Mac Pro 2.8 8-core and swap the processors for 3.2's manualy yourself.. hmmmm... cos you could do that in a year when pc stores are floggin the old intel cpu's off cheap... there is a procedure for upgrading the old G4 cpu's apparently

i dunno, my brother who is a mac man reckons just get an old imac 20" they are reliable & plenty powerul.. who knows eh

Message 6/7             05-Mar-08  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: whats happened to british internet? is it me?

k

it's firefox I finaly discovered.. some other peopel I know are also having firefox problems - since i updated to latest it continualy looses the domain servers. If you switch to IE and paste in the same failing URL, IE opens it instantly

i can't find any fix for this at all. I rolled it back to the previous version but no luck, it's done something I cant figure out what tho

anyone else having probs with Firefox? I am so gutted at being forced back to using IE

Message 7/7             12-Mar-08  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: whats happened to british internet? is it me?

Malcolm Jeffery

Yeah windows cement real funny so true lol,

Internet yes somethings afoot watson, safari over the last couple of weeks has been dodgy,
never been iffy before , just closes down when its upset by something, i like the way when
something fucks up it shuts yet its clever enough to say would u like me to send a report to
some massive file full of 5 billion unread reports.

Any how, cold callers on your telephone..............god i hate them, today i was offered an
investment plan that was free and i was special and lucky,! an indian man (and i have no
problems with any people) with a phone jacker accent managed to speak 35 sentences without
pause or breath, but with such an accent as to render all of it unintelageble, no thanks i have no
money to invest i said, but ill send you its free, no dont, but u can read it for nothing , no ,its free,
save the paper man.........hangs up.

Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)