aaa the t.bone_SC 400 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: the t.bone_SC 400

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             25-Mar-08  @  11:58 AM   -   the t.bone_SC 400      [Link: the t.bone - SC400]

sclarke1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
I recently bought the SC400 and I'm a little bit new to all of this but I can't seem to get any sound from it, I assume it's powered by a pre-amp but I tried it through my Marshall guitar amp and nothing happened. I'm yet to try it through the GarageBand software on my computer but I need an adapter first. Do I need to buy a pre-amp for this mic?
Cheers
Steve

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             25-Mar-08  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: the t.bone_SC 400

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

this mic requires pahntom power, so yes a phantom power equipt standalone pre-amp or phantom power equipt pc-audio i/o device is required

stand-alone pre amps and audio in/out devices with preamps included are very cheap now

this art preamp for example offers phantom power and costs just 36.00 EUROS!

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/edit.cfm?product_id=191529&carrywith=

this mackie usb device offers 2 x 48v phantom power mic preamps and is also quite affordable

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/edit.cfm?product_id=190436&carrywith=

be careful if choosing an audio in/out type device (firewire or USB for the mac) that the phantom-power is a full 48 Volts because that SC400 mic requires a full 48volts.

Some soundcard type devices which say they have phantom-power only offer 12volts and you must perhaps add an extra external power supply to be able to achieve a full 48volts (if it is possible at all) so always check for a proper 48volts phantom power

if you already have a good audio in/out device for your mac then just get a preamp such as the first ART above

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)