aaa jolly happy-new minimal tune - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: jolly happy-new minimal tune

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             04-May-08  @  11:54 AM   -   jolly happy-new minimal tune

softcore

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

So heh I reckon besides "happy hardcore" we could also have the ermm "happy minimal" genre!!!

Ok seriously now give my latest tune a listen,as always im a sucker for feedback,comments,suggestions!!!!Its called "jolly happy"!!!

Cheers!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             04-May-08  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: jolly happy-new minimal tune

k

i like it... except for the delays used , some of them are out of time with the groove and throw it out of kilter for me. Otherwise the mix is fat and smooth and well balanced etc and it's a good little tune.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             05-May-08  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: jolly happy-new minimal tune

rags .aka. welder

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Nice one! Actually, the delay is odd, but isn't it a neccesity in minimal to have odd delay times?

I second k about the nice fat mix, I just opened it up in winamp and then I have realised that I had some processing switched on that sounds pretty cool on it... (although the bass boost is probably way too much on this preset).

Bug report: 100k png file gets rejected (the page says it should be below 1 Megz).

Message 4/9             05-May-08  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: jolly happy-new minimal tune

k

ok, fixed that filesize mate

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             05-May-08  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: jolly happy-new minimal tune

rags .aka. welder

Thanks!

Message 6/9             05-May-08  @  05:41 PM     Edit: 05-May-08  |  05:43 PM   -   RE: jolly happy-new minimal tune

softcore

Thanks for listening and the feedback guys!!!!

And errr about the image,correct me if I got it wrong but I guess this is to show that you had voxengo's tapebus in Winamp?Hmmmmmm..........

Message 7/9             05-May-08  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: jolly happy-new minimal tune

rags .aka. welder

Well, I prefer Tapebus to add some bass / high end during playback (my headphones at work are in less than ideal condition, they need all the help they can get :-)

You can use any VST effect in winamp, you just have to use this little tool:

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/146317

Message 8/9             05-May-08  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: jolly happy-new minimal tune

softcore

Cheers for the tip mate!!I knew such an addon existed although im not exactly keen on using add-ons in my audio players!!!I really prefer to stay "in touch" with how commercial tunes are sounding from winamp and my PC so I can have a reference for my own tunes (if i make any sense)
Thanks anyway!!!!

Message 9/9             14-May-08  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: jolly happy-new minimal tune

Musineer Productions

I like it too. Odd sort of happy though. Not really ha ha ho ho happy, for me it was more like that 6am mood after a thumpingly good party, when you're glad you went but, as the occasional frame is starting to slip from consciousness and reality begins to shudder, you're pleased it's all over and you're going home!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot