aaa Last Night I Mostly ate - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Last Night I Mostly ate

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             16-Sep-08  @  04:51 PM     Edit: 16-Sep-08  |  04:54 PM   -   Last Night I Mostly ate

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

The dinner not musical but good anyway.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             16-Sep-08  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: Last Night I Mostly ate

k

File?:  No file

mmmmmmmm! toad in the 'ole! yummy, i was raised on that once a fortnight with cabbage and mash

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             17-Sep-08  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Last Night I Mostly ate

nutoniom

what is it ? looks like sausages in some sort of puffy crust. Looks good.

fuck i'm hungry now  

Message 4/8             21-Sep-08  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Last Night I Mostly ate

Malcolm Jeffery

Its sausages cooked in batter, serve with a good gravy and mash or boiled spuds or better still
roast spuds and vegetable of choice.

Maybe ill do a series of mostly this week i ate, if your remember i did the famous guess the knob
series of pics lol.
Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 5/8             21-Sep-08  @  12:57 PM     Edit: 21-Sep-08  |  01:01 PM   -   RE: Last Night I Mostly ate

Bedwyr

my missus has been getting me faggots from the market [link], what a girl. I can't get enough of them

no chips though, 2 faggots and some gravy, cheap as and delicious [flickr]

Message 6/8             21-Sep-08  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Last Night I Mostly ate

nutoniom

faggots, he! I thought they were beans In french beans are called fayots

Malk, I need a recipe for that, the missus wants me to cook some  

Message 7/8             05-Oct-08  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Last Night I Mostly ate

Malcolm Jeffery

Toad in the Hole with Roasted-onion Gravy

Serves 2-3

Ingredients
6 good-quality pork sausages or any you fancy toulouse are great – about 14 oz (400 g)
1 tablespoon groundnut or other flavourless oil (if necessary)
For the batter:

3 oz (75 g) plain flour
1 large egg
3 fl oz (75 ml) semi-skimmed milk
salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the onion gravy:

8 oz (225 g) onions, peeled and sliced
2 teaspoons groundnut or other flavourless oil
1 level teaspoon golden caster sugar
1 dessertspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 level teaspoon mustard powder
15 fl oz (425 ml) vegetable stock made from 1½ level teaspoons Marigold Swiss vegetable
bouillon powder dissolved in 15 fl oz (425 ml) boiling water
1 rounded dessertspoon plain flour
salt and freshly milled black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7, 425°F (220°C).

You will also need a solid-based, flameproof roasting tin with a base of 9 x 6 inches (23 x 15 cm),
2 inches (5 cm) deep, and a baking tray 14 x 10 inches (35 x 25.5 cm).

Begin by making the batter, and to do this sieve the flour into a large bowl, holding the sieve up
high to give the flour a good airing. Now, with the back of a spoon, make a well in the centre,
break the egg into it and add some salt and pepper. Now, measure the milk and 2 fl oz (55 ml)
water in a measuring jug, then, using an electric hand whisk on a slow speed, begin to whisk the
egg into the flour – as you whisk, the flour around the edges will slowly be incorporated. Then add
the liquid gradually, stopping to scrape the flour into the mixture. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
Now the batter is ready for use, and although it's been rumoured that batter left to stand is better,
I have never found this, so just make it whenever it's convenient.

Now place the sliced onions in a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of the oil and the sugar and toss the
onions around to get the lightest coating, then spread them on the baking tray. Next arrange the
sausages in the roasting tin, then place the onions on a high shelf in the oven, with the sausages
on a lower shelf, and set a timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, remove the sausages
from the oven but leave the onions in for a further 4-5 minutes – they need to be nicely blackened
round the edges. When they are ready, remove them and leave to one side.

Now place the roasting tin containing the sausages over direct heat turned to medium and, if the
sausages haven't released much fat, add the tablespoon of oil. When the tin is really hot and the
oil is beginning to shimmer – it must be searing hot – quickly pour the batter in all around the
sausages. Immediately return the roasting tin to the oven, this time on the highest shelf, and cook
the whole thing for 30 minutes.

Now for the gravy. First add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder to the stock, then
add the onions from the baking tray to a medium-sized pan. Now add the second teaspoon of oil,
then, using a wooden spoon, stir in the plain flour. Stir all this together over a medium heat and
then switch to a whisk, then gradually add the stock to the pan, whisking all the time, until it's all
in. Then bring it up to simmering point and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Taste to check the
seasoning, then pour into a warmed serving jug. When the toad is ready, it should be puffed
brown and crisp and the centre should look cooked and not too squidgy. Serve it immediately
with the gravy, and it's absolutely wonderful with mashed potato.

Message 8/8             10-Oct-08  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: Last Night I Mostly ate

leontaiedzwa

I can't see the image...what th hell?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot