aaa Tips for mixdown ? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Tips for mixdown ?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             19-Sep-08  @  10:59 AM   -   Tips for mixdown ?

juangaandino

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi !

I think itīs time to improve my bad engineeringskills…

So, I hope you could give me some advises for the mixdown. I donīt think that I will work on the track itself, but I think maybe itīs a chance to practice mixing, etc.

Thanks !

http://www.verde-vivo.com/mixdown.mp3

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-Sep-08  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Tips for mixdown ?

k

hi juangaandino. We usualy add tracks to the site here for people to feedback on, so feel free to add tracks using the site admin.

um, it sounds ok, nothing bad in the mix frequency-wise. The kick drum is quite soft, maybe that's intentional, it's mebbe a bit light and not quite thumping and deep in the guts tho... otherwise it's fine.

The only thing i'd say for a criticism therefore is that it doesnt really get fully going somehow, like there's no real big hook, and while i know that's not required all the time, it makes it fairly subtle therefore.

anyone else? dont let me be the only and last comment as usual guys!   ... it'd be good to get this track feedback section going again cos even when the other forums were quiet, this one was always relatively ok until we closed the sites for the updates. It'd be good to see it pickup

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             21-Sep-08  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Tips for mixdown ?

quercus1390

Well on the whole I like this tune .
There's a nice sense of space and some very satisfying,crunchy percussion.The only down point to my untrained ear was the saw-tooth bass line,which for my liking was a bit too bright and buzzy,but I guess that kept the bottom end of the track uncluttered and let the low drums come through better.
Also would have been nice to have some more variation when things came back in after the long break.
Any way that's a much better mix than what I can normally manage so please take my criticism with a generous pinch of salt

P.S Would be good to see this forum busy again,this was a great place and a MASSIVE help when I started making music........come on 7161'ers time to get posting again

Message 4/5             22-Sep-08  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: Tips for mixdown ?

Jock

Link?:  Link

brilliant. I really like this. Its different. Its got class. Love some of the delayed percussive sounds you got going on in there. Its a really good ambient chill out track. Its got this feeling of space, which works really well, like you havent cluttered it up with unnessasary riffs or sequences.

my only criticism, is the sound you chose for the bass line. It still works well, but I reckon it could of been a bit more booming, lower frequency, just to carry the track along a bit.

Message 5/5             27-Sep-08  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: Tips for mixdown ?

rags .aka. welder

Nice track! Not bad engineering either, sometimes I missed a little "bite" from the bass, maybe you could try boosting some of its very high frequencies to see if taht helps... other than that... yep, the lead around 3:20 is a bit getting on my nerves (gets really harsh) there I would do some EQ-ing, but just a bit, not to destroy the character of the lead sound.

The "coffee brewing sound" at 5:00 is really awesome

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)