aaa help me find a better title - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: help me find a better title

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             05-Oct-08  @  09:31 PM   -   help me find a better title

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey Folks,

This is something I came up after a massive writer's block... obviously the title-generator part of my brain is still not functioning properly but at least I could finish a song after dunno... 1 year, 1 and a half maybe?

http://www.7161.com/css_track.cfm?track__dt_track_id=16884

If things go right, this will be part of a 4-5 track EP (there are two other tracks in the works).

Comments, feedbacks, and title proposals are very-very welcome!

Cheers,
Rags

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             07-Oct-08  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: help me find a better title

k

well the intro is straight out of the movie CRASH or SUNSHINE.... get a few of those together and you could seriously tender for film work. When the beats arrive it's the usual Rags quality ;)

title? blimey

er...

LA Sunrise
La Dawn

thats the kinda thing I get from it based on imagery the music suggests

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             10-Oct-08  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: help me find a better title

Jock Munro

Rags, love the track. Really cool. Great sounds, great to chill too. Pretty deep. Not sure about the dolphin talk tho, I just thought that was some fucked up side effect from the vodka I was drinking.

As for track title names. fuck me, I have trouble naming my own tracks. Hence they are all part 1, part 2, part 3... like jarre, coz I cant be arsed to think up a name.

K said something about sunrise, or dawn. it needs those words in the title !

Top track mate. Thats the 4th time I've listened to it. Gonna listen to it again.

Message 4/8             13-Oct-08  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: help me find a better title

nme

Cool track & very chilled too, unmistakenly a rags track. It has that 'rags brand & identity' sound to it, nice!

As for a name I like K's suggestion & jocks comment re the dolphin sound made me smile, 'Dolphin Dawn or Sunrise' maybe????

Message 5/8             16-Oct-08  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: help me find a better title

rags .aka. welder

well the intro is straight out of the movie CRASH or SUNSHINE.... get a few of those together and you could seriously tender for film work. When the beats arrive it's the usual Rags quality ;)

title? blimey

er...

LA Sunrise
La Dawn

thats the kinda thing I get from it based on imagery the music suggests

Cheers k! Well, the intro is just some parts from the middle of the song mixed and slowed down 16 times. The only real effort went into the "dolphin" stuff, which is some realtime tweaking of a xoxos plug.

Rags, love the track. Really cool. Great sounds, great to chill too. Pretty deep. Not sure about the dolphin talk tho, I just thought that was some fucked up side effect from the vodka I was drinking.

Dolphin Talk, perfect title, thanks!

Cool track & very chilled too, unmistakenly a rags track. It has that 'rags brand & identity' sound to it, nice!

So, thanks everyone for the listening and the props, your comments are very appreciated! (Meannwhile I am trying to live up to my own 'brand & identity', so ecpect more "distorted kicks clashing with innocent melodies" stuff ... well, soon... )

Message 6/8             25-Oct-08  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: help me find a better title

Musineer Productions

The Temporary Repair of Neuron 23650-B.

Do you remember The Numbskulls (Beano?)? Little folk that scurry about inside your head that make things work. I had an image of a Numbskull fixing something.

K is right. Very atmospheric. Great flick of mood.

Champion!

Message 7/8             25-Oct-08  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: help me find a better title

Musineer Productions

Just listened to other one as well, KG and the fairy.

Blimey, that's excellent! Bravo! The vocals work really well. Very edgy. Champion do.

Message 8/8             28-Oct-08  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: help me find a better title

rags .aka. welder

Hey, thanks for listening and the nice words

Actually, the Jack and the Fairy remix was done by KG, and I think he really did a terrific job on that.

http://www.djkillagraham.com/
KG's 7161 profile

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot