aaa Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             21-Oct-08  @  06:23 PM   -   Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

A

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with pitch-shifting in Cubase sx3...

1) I need at all a tool for TUNNING the notes and chords, and put toghether different pre/recorded music samples, at the same key/tune.Cubase seems to have some..
2)** I used pitch shift(I thought it's the most indicated for this situation and it does well tuning), in cubase sx3, but I ONLY can change some values there - i CAN'T PREVIEW them, in order that my ears to evaluate the real tuning, EVEN that Cubase HAS preview buttons in the speciffic cassete below, and at 'help' it says like: 'only press preview buttons and u'll hear sounds,etc.' It says that useless, in order I hear nothing when I press them(having wav loaded).

So, my questions are:1) HOW can I make cubase sx3 pitch-shift or/and its previews to work-I need them, otherwise this pitch is almost useless/very hard to obtain what u want from it;
2)why cubase doesn't work well at this chapter, or I missed something(tell me what)?
3) there are more feature like this in cubase sx?
PS: I tested sound forge pitch-shift and that one works fine and with/it previews fine.
**Why this sound forge one works, and the cubase one that i need couse it has more features doesn't?
All good effort is appreciated,
A.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             24-Oct-08  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

admin

do you mean you want to pitchshift audio regions on the arrange-page? and have them audition in pitch/tempo before adding them to your track?

sounds like you want something like acid or the groove clip function in sonar or the apple loops function in Logic etc.. some sequencer which auto-stretches and auto-pitches the audio files when you audition them.. is that what you want?

I guess cubase 4 has that sort of thing because all the other major sequencers' do, but i'm pretty sure cubase 3 doesnt do that

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 3/8             25-Oct-08  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

A

"but i'm pretty sure cubase 3 doesnt do that ".....but I told u already:<>

I cannot preview that tool(pitch-shift), but there are a lot of tool in cubase like chorus, pitch-bend or reverb,etc, that have also a preview button below...the problem is that at this ones it works, and at pitch-shift tool doesn't work, I REPEAT: Cubase sx3 HAS(it's designed with it) this feature, but I practically can't start it/it doesn't proper work like it should!

Please interest more about this features of cubase sx3(even 2), and tell me:: !)how I could USE this pitch-shift with its preview stuff, couse I need according/harmonize/tunning keys/notes/samples urgently.

PS: I noticed that in __Dancetech team is someone that sometime narated/presented lessons about Cubase sx 2__....he may know more about Cubase I think, so please tell him/them to answer/help to my question/issue.

A.

Message 4/8             25-Oct-08  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

admin

no the time/pitch stretch tool in the toolbox doesnt have a preview, how could it if it doesnt know what length you are wanting to stretch until you do it?

your english is not good, so it's hard to know what you mean.

do you mean the warp feature?

like this?

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 5/8             29-Oct-08  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

A

Hey.

I'm not here to argue; what you told me is WRONG at all, end of conversation. Besides, my english is very good, too.

The problem is that you didn't understand and you don't know to much about cubase sx(3):
to prove it: - go to Audio->Process->Pitch Shift->and then push the preview button below that cassette(if you have wav loaded). Same path to Time Strech. ON BOTH you will find PREVIEW buttons!
Good lesson isn't it? Not only for you.

Ou, and, I succeded to solve the thread issue on my OWN already - now my previews are working.

THREAD CLOSED!

PS: if there are any other persons wishing to speak ONLY about midi-tuning this time, welcome.

A.

Message 6/8             30-Oct-08  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

k

Link?: Link

^^

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/8             30-Oct-08  @  12:59 PM     Edit: 30-Oct-08  |  12:59 PM   -   RE: Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

rags .aka. welder

Message 8/8             30-Oct-08  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: Cubase SX 3 preview pitch-shift

nme

.......pmsl!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)