aaa rags: stranglehold album released - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: rags: stranglehold album released

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             31-Oct-08  @  06:33 PM     Edit: 31-Oct-08  |  06:35 PM   -   rags: stranglehold album released

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Hey folks!

Just to let you know, my album called Stranglehold has just ben released on Kahvi Collective netlabel. This would not have been possible without DT, nor without your comments, suggestions and feedback... so thank you.

Cheers,
Rags
(aka. Weldroid)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             05-Nov-08  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

Musineer Productions

File?:  No file

Well done mate.

So what % of your billions in royalties are we, and by that I mean me (though I suppose K should get a bob or two as it's his site and, unlike me, he probably suggested something useful), going to get

Message 3/10             05-Nov-08  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

k

well done Rags mate, good stuff!.... hope you do get some pay, although we all know it's not really about the money.

what we really need to do is get a label together cos there is such good talent here, but first i gotta get the bloody homepages back online. I just ran out of 'coding steam' tbh

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             06-Nov-08  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

Maarten

Congratulations Rags! So drop a link where I can go order a copy at least

-M-

Message 5/10             12-Nov-08  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

rags .aka. welder

Cheers folks! Well, erm.. sorry to disappoint you: there's no money involved. I know, my approach might be very un-professional, but I just love to make these tracks and even though it would be nice to see something coming back, it is not essential (at least for me, being a one-man bedroom show).

Maarten, you can get the complete album here:

http://www.kahvi.org/releases.php?release_number=257

If you really want you can click on the "Artist Donation" link, but "free" downloads are equally encouraged. If you want it in FLAC, that can be arranged too (just send me a mail PM).

Message 6/10             06-Dec-08  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

nme

Cool album Rags .............& congratulations aswell of course!

Carousel This Morning & Hydrocarbon are my top 3 picks on there for me!

Message 7/10             09-Dec-08  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

rags .aka. welder

Thanks man! Actually a new 4-track EP is in the works, I will post it here as soon as I finish messing around with it

Message 8/10             10-Dec-08  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

droplifter

Link?:  No link

Hey man, I downloaded the full set of tracks and put them on a CD to listen to last night, so I could give it a proper listen. Seriously man, I really really like it. I knew as soon as I'd heard thirty seconds of the first track (We are not... on my CD) that I was going to like it. I really like Carousel, Loss of Frame, Stranglehold, Don't open the box, and Dark Timber too. I mean really really. That's an amazing ambient sound you've got going there, what on earth are you using? I particularly like the riffs in Carousel, that's a really original sounding bass riff.

I honestly would buy this album off you but I'm unemployed at the moment, as soon as I get a start I'll make a donation.

If anyone's reading this and still hasn't downloaded it, go for it, it's a great record.

Message 9/10             13-Dec-08  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

rags .aka. welder

Thanks mate!

what on earth are you using?

Well, its mostly ableton live these days with some offline audio editing/effect work... nothing special really, bunch of freebies as well (eg. the bass sound on Carousel is made with RgcAudio's Triangle). Of couse if you have any specific questions just ask...

Message 10/10             13-Dec-08  @  07:02 PM     Edit: 13-Dec-08  |  07:02 PM   -   RE: rags: stranglehold album released

rags .aka. welder

duplicate post removed

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)