aaa D'n'B Demo - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: D'n'B Demo

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Dec-08  @  04:40 PM     Edit: 13-Dec-08  |  04:41 PM   -   D'n'B Demo

droplifter

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just uploaded a drum and bass demo, something different to what I normally write. Spent *weeks* looking for samples in my library for kicks/snares that sounded more like breakbeat than trance, and found them this afternoon, literally twenty minutes ago! Anyway, was so excited I sequenced a few things and here's the demo. Cheers.

I'm off out on the lash, I managed to get 5 days work from monday til before christmas and that's me til January work-wise. Safe.

Matchbox (demo)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             13-Dec-08  @  07:07 PM     Edit: 13-Dec-08  |  07:10 PM   -   RE: D'n'B Demo

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

Nice one!

edit: hmmm, do you have any reverb on this? Seems a bit dry, and also, the bass might be just a tad quiet (I have to admit, I cant push the volume up right now, so I could be wrong on that).

Message 3/6             14-Dec-08  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: D'n'B Demo

k

heh heh, alright!!!

what synth are u using for that classic grainy grinding intro synth sound?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             14-Dec-08  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: D'n'B Demo

Milan

yeah, not bad! i like the trancy notes, not corny in any way.

the mix is very good, but i think the snare lacked some punch tho- maybe layer a short punchy one underneath this one or something?

anyway, not bad for a first try

Message 5/6             14-Dec-08  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: D'n'B Demo

droplifter

Link?:  No link

Cheers for the listen guys!

I honestly thought I'd put the bass up too much, but maybe that's because my SB live drivers are fuxxed and I think the EQ has changed... hmmm.

Anyways yeah not really any effects running, just distortions and such, no send channels or anything.

The intro synth is just a Sytrus preset that was originally sine shaped and I tweaked it into something more like a saw instead of distorting it, took all of about two minutes but sounds nothing like the original, and the key trancy synth thingy (!) over the top is just a gated synth with a downsampler on it.

Hmm yeah I see what you mean about the snare, I pitched each one differently a bit so it didn't sound too grating but maybe does need more punch.

Anyways I'm only moonlighting back to muddy kicks and stereo claps for me

Message 6/6             15-Dec-08  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: D'n'B Demo

k

droplifter@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Anyways Im only moonlighting back to muddy kicks and stereo claps for me

heh heh

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot