aaa New versions of, er, songs(?) - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New versions of, er, songs(?)

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             16-Jan-09  @  02:55 PM   -   New versions of, er, songs(?)

droplifter

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Alright, just had a re-jigger of a couple things I'm working on to get the best levels (noticed they seemed quiet compared to some commercial pieces) and went about re-doing them a bit too:

Blue_Shift
Random chilled electro piece, humanised the percussion a bit so it sounds a bit more like how I wanted, widened the stereo image, raised the levels without saturation and got a bit more dynamics out of it, and thickened up the bass a bit with a different pattern/layering effect.

Hole Punch (demo)
Humanised the percussion again, and used a few more transitions. Still don't know where to go with it, but I like the percussion now anyways.

Cheers.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             17-Jan-09  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: New versions of, er, songs(?)

homegrown

Link?: Link

Nice clean productions
I especially like Hole Punch, love those bitcrushed sounds it starts with and the weird time-stretched vocal edits.Also the bassline from 1:32 on sounds really nice
Feel it needs to start building a little more towards the end and then into a slightly busier section maybe?
But whats there all ready is sounding spot on

Message 3/5             17-Jan-09  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: New versions of, er, songs(?)

droplifter

Cheers man, yeah I basically just got so into the percussion on this one, went for a proper electro sorta sound and wanted to see if I could get it pinging around without sounding mushy, like lots of percussion ideas into one? Something like that.

I honestly didn't like the bass at all, I mean I like the sound of the bass; it's two things I programmed almost from scratch in Triangle II that someone suggested getting; I just plonked in a sequence to see what it might be like.

I think tomorrow when I get some time I'll expand it. It needs some transition percussion and stuff and needs a proper lead idea, not a copypasta into a lead channel

Thanks for listening mate!

Message 4/5             23-Jan-09  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: New versions of, er, songs(?)

k

Link?: Link

Blue_Shift - the riff is cool, sounds familiar tho. Nice tidy track generaly

Hole Punch (demo) . yeah i too like the lofi percussive sounds, i'll check them both more later

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             24-Jan-09  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: New versions of, er, songs(?)

droplifter

Cheers for the listen. Completely run out of ideas for both these tracks; I like the 'sonic pallet' in Blue_shift but yeah, it's a heinous ripoff if you wrote the chords on paper. Oh and with Hole Punch, well I haven't got any chords to go with it.

New thing this week is a new remix on my other thread, if you get a chance see what you think of that. It's only work in progress but hey, if it's worth doing I'll port the whole tune.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot