aaa Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware) - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             19-Jan-09  @  05:59 PM   -   Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

Alan Blu

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, So let's see the DT groups favorites....

You get shipwrecked, and land somewhere on shore down on an small warm unhabited island
off the coast of Australia...

Everything is deserted, and helps *hopefully* on the way soon, but in typical lost style you
have wandered across a single plug point...interesting....

Equally weird, a flight box with a set of speakers, cable and a little mixer has crashed onto
shore too, so you are thankful that in your backpack before you went into the water you
managed to hurriedly pack your prized {INSERT} into waterproof packaging and strap onto
your body before being hurled to shore.

What did you pack to pass the time?

Mine : Elektron machinedrum, as it has a sequencer which I would prefer to pass the time with
rather than playing using keys, some kick ass drum sounds for tweaking, and some cool
synthesis for the rest!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             20-Jan-09  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

Jock

Link?:  Link

For me it would be my Elka Synthex. The 80's polysynth made famous by Jean Michel Jarre, used as a live gigging replacement for the Yamaha GX1 by Keith Emerson and whose last ever model was bought by Stevie Wonder.

This classic powerful synth sounds better than a memorymoog, OBXa or a prophet 5 and doesnt have the stability problems thanks to using DCO's. It also has a very good sequencer for its time.

This would keep me occupied for some time.

Then when i got fed up I could use it as a life raft and float to Sydney for supper at Doyles Fish Restuarant on Watsons Bay, thanks to the vast amount of wood that went into the Synthex's build.

Message 3/8             21-Jan-09  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

k

Link?: Link

Jock wrote:

Then when i got fed up I could use it as a life raft and float to Sydney for supper at Doyles Fish Restuarant on Watsons Bay, thanks to the vast amount of wood that went into the Synthexs build.

btw Jock, i think you need to get your video cam out and make a video review of the Elka for DT

Anyways, does it have to be a synth? cos of course i'd choose an acoustic guitar, given the lack of electricity on the island

Hi Alan... hows the band going ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/8             21-Jan-09  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

Jock

LOL ok smart arse, but lets say the last castaway worked for Eon and left a generator on the island !

I got some vids on youtube under me profile Oxygene65. I think theres a couple of the synthex.

Not very good ones tho.

jocks crap synthex videos and other video stuff thats just as crap thats up on youtube..etc..

Message 5/8             21-Jan-09  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

k

actualy we've been offered the Jazzmutant Lemur v2 to review, you could potentialy use it as a very small raft.... if... you first constructed a machine to shrink yourself in size to fit

or... or... it's flashing lights display could be used to attract a plane possibly flying overhead

anyways if we're going for humungoid 'woody' synths to use as rafts i'll take my Chase Trilogy

good videos btw Jock, that is SOME synth man jeez!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/8             22-Jan-09  @  12:12 AM     Edit: 22-Jan-09  |  12:14 AM   -   RE: Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

Alan Blu

k wrote:

Jock wrote:

Then when i got fed up I
could use it as a life raft and float to Sydney for supper at Doyles Fish Restuarant on Watsons
Bay,
thanks to the vast amount of wood that went into the Synthexs build.

src=images/lol.gif>

btw Jock, i think you need to get your video cam out and make a
video
review of the Elka for DT

Anyways, does it have to be a synth? cos of course id
choose
an acoustic guitar, given the lack of electricity on the island

Hi Alan... hows the band
going
?

Its all going great K!

It needs to be a synth for this one, becuase there is indeed a plug point mentioned in the first

So.... whats it to be?

Message 7/8             22-Jan-09  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

Alan Blu

Jock wrote: Then when i got fed up I could use it as a life raft and float to Sydney for
supper at Doyles Fish Restuarant on Watsons Bay, thanks to the vast amount of wood that went
into the Synthexs build.

Genius!

Message 8/8             26-Jan-09  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Your Desert Island Synth (Hardware)

Jock

Link?:  Link

Theres more on the Synthex here.

Synthex info / review

I'm chuffed to bits I own one. Had it for about 7 years now. I would never get rid of the thing.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot