aaa Have Roland lost the plot?? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Have Roland lost the plot??

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             22-Jan-09  @  11:09 AM   -   Have Roland lost the plot??

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

a rather uninspiring Namm selection, lots of home keyboards and pianos, some e-drums bits, but bugger all of real interest apart from that Roland VB-99 bass to midi synth & fx thingy which could be cool for live and studio

I mean take a look at this motley selection

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productlist.aspx?ParentId=72

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             22-Jan-09  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Have Roland lost the plot??

Alan Blu

Link?:  No link

they have been pretty uninspiring for a while init

I think the last exciting, or rather genuinely aimed at above the home user market was the
variphrase thing, or the JP8080...

I know a guy who deals with them for a big uk chain, and from what i gather they seem happier to
regurgitate the golden era numbers (101/303/808/909) and juno etc branding with the new cheap
stuff.

Probably isnt the market for it anymore when it comes to the bottom line margin on profit what with
all the software available now, or rather, comparing to the market share they once had...

It seems there is more success in selling 10 x £300 units than 3 x £1000 units nowadays, as much
a shame as that is

Message 3/5             26-Jan-09  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Have Roland lost the plot??

Jock

Link?:  Link

aye, with the advent of VSTi's there just isnt the demand for a nice big monster flagship synth.

Like Alan said, the last decent release was the JP8000/JP8080

Even the recent models like the SH202, or the new Juno, looking at the spec, they dont exactly float my boat.

Message 4/5             26-Apr-09  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Have Roland lost the plot??

realanalog

Link?:  No link

I can use an iphone to create music... Roland? Make a new guitar.

leaning elsewhere

Message 5/5             27-Apr-09  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: Have Roland lost the plot??

k

Link?: Link

yeah. did y see that isyn thing, only 2.99 in the app store - drums with 10 kits and 2 synths

http://www.dancetech.com/display_video_details.cfm?dt_video_id=490

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot