aaa Amethyst Remix (feedback) - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Amethyst Remix (feedback)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             22-Jan-09  @  09:18 PM     Edit: 20-Feb-09  |  12:17 AM   -   Amethyst Remix (feedback)

droplifter

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok dudes, yet another demo/work in progress I could do with some feedback on:

EDIT: New version

Right. It's a remix of my first ever proper tune Amethyst (original version) that I made a few years back, felt like dusting it down and using what I'd learnt since then to update it a bit? Any input would help.

NB Yeah it's not finished I only had an hour to work on it so mastering and arrangement is all over the place AND yeah it's missing the leads and all that jazz but hey, so far, whaddaya think? Worth doing?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             30-Jan-09  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: Amethyst Remix (feedback)

k

Link?: Link

listening now on the old KRK's via the apogee Duet... well balanced, I like the panning fx. yeah it sounds like the basis for something decent. I always feel tracks with changing chords like that suite a vocal.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             31-Jan-09  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Amethyst Remix (feedback)

droplifter

Yeah I got this mate lined up to do some vocals for me, once I get a God damn start somewhere, still scratching about site to site here and there, done 4 days' work this year (!)

Was thinking I'd get a Line6 Pod X3 because I play guitar and got the Xt, and it was alright for basic vocals, and the X3 has some dedicated presets for microphone work and a balanced XLR input, so would make sense for a peasant like me.

Cheers for the listen. I'm totally 100% burnt out on the ideas front now, think I'ma lunch about and start playing WoW or something

Message 4/6             31-Jan-09  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: Amethyst Remix (feedback)

k

droplifter@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Yeah I got this mate lined up to do some vocals for me, once I get a God damn start somewhere, still scratching about site to site here and there, done 4 days work this year (!)

howdya mean? what work do you do mate? or do you mean 'work' as in making music?

yeah the line 6.. i've got a pod2 and a vamp2, but i wouldnt use them live given a choice. It's Marshall rig every time for live for me, cos the pods just arent well defined live. I've never heard a 'Line-6 band' that didnt sound fizzy and weak in the guitars dept, theyve got no bottom end tightness imo, well certainly not compared to a marshall valve rig

anyways i think doing dance music for guitarists and other musicians is harder than for non musicians imo cos guitarists and other muso's tend to think 'musicaly' and dance music for me is devided into 2 types or rather has 2 roots

one root is nothing to do with musicianship, it pays no heed to scales or modes or anything - then you're other type of dance music such as some of the more melodic trance and some more traditional house is more founded in a song structure and chords progression basis. sometimes it's hard to get away from our 'musicianship' conditioning.

for example, go here (techno picks):

http://www.dancerecords.com/topsellers/this_week/techno

and here (house picks):

http://www.dancerecords.com/topsellers/this_week/house

listen to some of those techno & house tracks; see what i mean?

on the whole there's very little attention paid to musical theory other than in terms of the structure being devided into blocks of bars with typical length sections between changes (16 bars, 32bars etc). some of the more trad house of course does use song structures, but you see what i mean?

sometimes 'thinking' to create is not good in this field cos as soon as one's musician-hat goes on it starts to push one to 'think musicaly'

but as i say some genres use more 'musican-ness' in tracks... this one:

http://www.dancerecords.com/products/82937 is an old club track from the 70's by harold melvin & the bluenotes as a sample with backing added and some fade effect addded to the sample - pretty simple, but signed to a label no matter how small and for sale and someones gonna play it clubs somewhere anyways.

the sample loop is from here - the original track:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpGoK1WZQw featuring the one and only Teddy Pendergrass. he's a god!

so in the case of that track it's just reinforcing the sample loop

anyway, i say all that cos this track of yours starts off as a groove, it's about rhythm and sound, then the 'chorus' arrives and it is very trad' musican structure of an ascending chord sequence etc. and for me thats the weak point cos it's so traditional.

here btw, you'll love this as a guitarist:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8156407446504195454

last time i saw them live the guitarist did a 20 minute solo, lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             06-Feb-09  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Amethyst Remix (feedback)

nme

I like this fella, those chords sound really good & that beat really compliments them. Looking forward to hearing the finished track dude, nice work.

Message 6/6             20-Feb-09  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: Amethyst Remix (feedback)

droplifter

nme wrote:

I like this fella, those chords sound really good & that beat really compliments them. Looking forward to hearing the finished track dude, nice work.

Cheers mate!

New version Is now here: Amethyst 2009

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot