aaa Which Synth Keyboard? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Which Synth Keyboard?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             13-Feb-09  @  10:12 PM   -   Which Synth Keyboard?

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

A pal of mine is looking to purchase a Synth & has narrowed his search down to either the Microkorg or the Roland SH201 & he was asking me for my opinion & why.

Having looked at the specs of each device they seem to be pretty similar, both can be used as a midi controller and/or a synth, however the roland has a larger keyboard.

Ive read some online reviews & by all accounts the Roland does well.

Im thinking that the Roland would be the better purchase based on the fact that whilst the Microkorg is a good device its getting a little long in the tooth now.

What do you guys think, which do you think would be the better buy & why?

Is there perhaps another option to be considered? His budget is £450.

Any suggestions fellas?

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             24-Feb-09  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Which Synth Keyboard?

k

the korgs got that nice vocoder tho which to me would be tempting cos i dont have one  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             17-Mar-09  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: Which Synth Keyboard?

Jock Munro

I assume you are after analogue sounding kit. I wouldnt spend out £450 on either of those bits of kit, as they are limiting in what they can do.

For £450 you could pick yourself up a second hand Korg MS2000, the bigger version of the Microkorg, with more functionality and still a vocoder unit.

You'd also be able to buy a Roland JP8000 second hand for that money. Which is far more flexible and powerful than a Roland SH201.

Check out ebay first, and see whats out there, or the classified ads, or Loot even. You'd be suprised what £450 can buy you these days.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot