aaa Seck 6:2 MK11 - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Seck 6:2 MK11

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             20-Feb-09  @  09:07 PM   -   Seck 6:2 MK11

colinthomasbt

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Anyone know were I can download a manual for a seck mixer 6:2 MK2

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             21-Feb-09  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Seck 6:2 MK11

k

Link?: Link

that'd be VERY hard to find, but what's the problem exactly? (i own a seck)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             21-Feb-09  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: Seck 6:2 MK11

colinthomasbt

I have just brought one second hand and need to understand how to get the best out of it.

Message 4/8             22-Feb-09  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Seck 6:2 MK11

k

prety simple really cos the smaller model doesnt have anything difficult for noobs like in-line monitoring whch the bigger models have

i am not 100% sure with your 6:2, but the larger SECKS are completely balanced in/out for all connections... mebbe yours is too?

basicaly as far as i can see from a not very good picture -

each channel is a typical SECK channel without the extras - so you get a top blue gain control with an accompanying blue button to switch between the mic/line input - after that it it has 3 band eq with a sweep mid

then each channel has 4 aux sends - and finaly the blue pan pot and a blue solo button

on the top right of the master section is your 4 aux send masters by the look of it - each has a blue SOLO button

then the center 2 master faders - above them is the 2 aux returns, with what looks like a basic 2 band eq (as you get on the 12/8 and 18/8 aux returns) and a blue solo switch and a blue volume/gain & pan pot

below the meters i can a button but it's not clear, but this could be to switch between L/R main mix and mebbe 2-track/tape input? (labelled '2TX' on the 12/8 & 18/8)

cant see the top channel sockets, but it is usualy mic input, line input and the other one is an insert T/R/S socket

all i can say about that older seck eq is it can be a tad harsh if you are not careful

how you planning to use it? and any specific questions on how to do specific things?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             23-Feb-09  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: Seck 6:2 MK11

colinthomasbt

Thanks for your help.

It was used at my bands last gig. Sounded ok but it was luck.

I have down loaded other seck mixer manuals, I will have to sudy them.

Thanks for yor effort

Message 6/8             23-Feb-09  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Seck 6:2 MK11

k

sure man, no worries... if you get stuck on anything just drop back in and ask ok

good luck

Message 7/8             30-May-09  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Seck 6:2 MK11

richard

Hi can you tell me about the power supply .
I have one of these and need to work out what i need to try it out .
will build one if necessary , so would be grateful for any info .
Cheers .

Message 8/8             31-May-09  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: Seck 6:2 MK11

k

the p/s's - see here for replacements etc:

http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/seck.htm

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot