aaa Best sequencer for Macs - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Best sequencer for Macs

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             20-Mar-09  @  04:26 PM     Edit: 20-Mar-09  |  05:02 PM   -   Best sequencer for Macs?

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I use Sonar on a PC. A friend just bought a Mac on which she plans to write music. She's
asked me for advice. She's a pop/country artist so although she'll be using elements of
electronic music she won't be focused on dance music. I know Protools was at one time the
most used on Macs in professional studios. I also read about Protools crashing a lot but that
was years ago. What are people using on Macs these days? Protools? Logic? Something
else? All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             21-Mar-09  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: Best sequencer for Macs

k

if she's just writing guitars or keyboard/pop songs and production isn't a huge requirement,
then tbh garageband is fine... you get loops for drums and other things, a palette of sampler
instruments, audio tracks, easy editing, fx. I mate of mine used garageband for writing for
signed artists.. admittedly he was a beginner to pc's, but he praised it's ease of use.

bonus is if you upgrade to logic u can afaik open garageband songs and re-tweak them. put
some money to start with in a good mic, monitors, midi keyboard.

up from that logic has more loops than ever, enuff to make backing for all sorts of music, tons
of sounds and isnt that hard to learn on a 'get some songs done' level, but honestly
garageband might be enuff

checkout the tutorial videos, it's so easy, but decent results

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#garageband

checkout the s/w instrument video = very easy, and tbh thats the exact same protocol as in
Logic.. create s/w instrument track, list appears at right, browse, select, play.. easy

software instruments

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             21-Mar-09  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: Best sequencer for Macs

sitar

Thanks K. I'll send that advice along to her. I should've mentioned is not an obstacle for her. She's
got millions. Still she's frugal whenever she can be.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot