aaa Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it would be appreciated! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it would be appreciated!

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             13-Apr-09  @  11:19 PM     Edit: 13-Apr-09  |  11:21 PM   -   Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it would ...

Mr M

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would appreciate it greatly if anyone would give me some feedback on my song "Tainted Money" which is a song about how the world has been ripped off by the banks.

Also there seems to be so many songs with no feedback on here, is anyone interested in the idea of when you post a song you must review one - just a costless thought?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             14-Apr-09  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

k

Link?: Link

well there's ALOT of reverb on this recording   & i mean tons! was this a live recording direct to stereo or something, and then you just put it all thru a large hall/room reverb?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/12             14-Apr-09  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

Mr M

cheers for the feedback - just learning recording, so can thin things down reverb wise

Message 4/12             15-Apr-09  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

k

yeah, it's prolly an idea to try doing some dry mixes - generaly start with a dry mix, then add reverb to items in the mix , but dont ignore using delay instead of reverb, especialy on vocals. Subtle delay (not too high in mix) is usualy better than reverb to give vocals some sense of space

get the delay time right first, which can usualy be done easily by sending some snare to the delay and setting the delay time using the snare which is usualy on beat with the track tempo - this allows you to set a correct rhythmic timing for the delay so delay doesnt clash with the tracks tempo. Once youve got it set, try adding a smidgen to the vocal instead of reverb.. it add's that space/depth but doesnt smother the vocal in cavernousness or send it way back into the mix. Y'know? just enuff delay brought back in the mix until the vocal starts to sound not dry

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12             18-Apr-09  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

nme

...... Was gonna have a listen dude but the audio track is missing!

Message 6/12             19-Apr-09  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

Mr M

I have remixed Tainted Money and added a new track "Old Man"

Tainted money was missing due to remix following feedback from people on here which was so much appreciated.

More feedback would be great - if anyone would like some feedback on their songs please let me know - and I will have a listen - for whatever my opinions worth!

Message 7/12             20-Apr-09  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

k

tainted money - much better vocal sound now without it being swamped in reverb

the rhythm guitar is the weak link now for me.... how are you recording it? do you plug into an amp and record the speaker or plugin direct to the pc input?

but, 'old man' is the same issue tho, it's swamped in cavernous reverb

whats the story with these songs anyways?

Message 8/12             20-Apr-09  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

Mr M

Thanks for the feedback - always appreciated.

rythm guitar was recorded clean, straight into a small mixer, and is a very clean sound. I take it you are thinking there is still too much reverb on it? I can obviously reduce it easlily.

This site wouldn't let me post tainted money a second time as it said it already existed (although I had deleted it) any ideas how to get round that problem? Thats why I posted it as a remix.

I will un-reverb Old Man and repost it - I took loads of already - I must have a reverb fetish

You asked about the story behind the songs - happy to answer - but did you mean how come I wrote them or got into this, or the story behind the lyrics?

Cheers for all then help

Message 9/12             21-Apr-09  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

k

ah you didnt delete tainted money cos it's still in your song list - you have to go to your admin and choose MY TRACKS - EDIT/DELETE TRACK

you'll see all your added tracks in a list - click the edit button and upload a new file - also you can alter any text if required including the title

ok the guitar - plugging direct into a board doesnt get a good guitar sound cos the guitar output required a special type of preamp which deals with the very low lavel output guitars give off

best bet is to try any of the free guitar modelling plugin insert fx, or do what i do - i use a cheap Behringer V-AMP 2 which was 65 quid... I go into that and record the output to pc

it's quick and easy and the sound is easy good enuff for demos - I also own a more expensive POD, and the V-AMP2 is just as good tbh

i really rate the V-amp2... plenty of sounds from hi-gain metal to bluesy grit and all sorts of other sounds

the song story? - I meant what got you into doing songs cos you obviously aint 16 or something

Message 10/12             21-Apr-09  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

Mr M

Thanks for the advice - managed to delete the tracks now. Will try free guitar modelling plug ins first, but am going away for 5 days so will do it when I get back.

Song wise - yeah I am way past 16 - have always been creative (art etc) and played guitar since I was 18 (not very well as you can hear).

Apart from a very few occasional slots in gigs (with people I knew I did vocals and rythm guitar) I have very rarely played guitar with other people. The people I knew were younger and moved away, and I got bored on my own so started to write some music, thats about it. I have done that for a couple of years, without anyone ever really hearing it, so decided to put some of it on here.

To be honest there is so much good music here (I listened to yours and quite a few others the other night) I probably wouldn't have put mine on here if I had done that first - but I did and while I am older I am also very new to this, so am really enjoying learning from more experienced people.

I was wrong about tainted money by the way - I think i recorded that through the amp with some reverb on, so will have to re-record the guitar.

Old Man I have remixed, and will download it tonight - hope its a bit better, any feedback appreciated.

Message 11/12             22-Apr-09  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

k

so what you recording into a pc? and what sequencer u using? also what soundcard or audio in/out device do you use ? (if you do use a pc setup)

whats doing the drums for example? a hardware drumbox or s/w drums?

mic-ing your amp/combo is fine btw, you dont need high volume to mic up a small combo and you'll get a better sound than direct injection with no pre-amp

Message 12/12             03-May-09  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Time's is Important, but if anyone could give me 3 mins it wo...

Mr M

Been away to Vegas for a few days to meet Barry Manilow (competetion win - long story, not a fan) and then been jet lagged, so not been on here for a while.

I have Sonar pro 7 and Edirol 24 bit digital audio capture, with very small Behringer mixer, with a Marshall amp which I usually play though into the mixer.

Tainted monety was not taped clean, so I would need to re-record it clean to progress, which I will do.

Does anyone else find it hard finishing projects? I have two more on the go, without really successfully completing the last four or five!

Again and advice welcomed.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot