aaa How often do YOU start a new song? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: How often do YOU start a new song?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             21-Aug-09  @  11:06 AM   -   How often do YOU start a new song?

instinct-musik

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I tell myself that i need to record a new song at least once a month but this doesn't usually happen for me , so i wanted you guys to tell me and the others who are also trying to set a goal for their music, how your situation is when it comes to creating that new track.

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Aug-09  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: How often do YOU start a new song?

k

well talk to him someone!...

hello & welcome Instinct, for me i cant set such plans cos "life" gets in the way every week somehow

one good way to get motivation is to get a writing partner - someone else organising a diary pushes me to set time aside to create music - so if someone books a time to work with me and it's organised in the diary then i make time for it and it gets done.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             29-Aug-09  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: How often do YOU start a new song?

Musineer Productions

Yeah, just too busy. I could write something new every time I switch Cubase on, but then I'd never finish anything. Since January I've only finished one tune. I want to do the last mixes, dropping in extra bits, etc, for my Phosphene album but just don't have the time when I'm not utterly knackered.

I am however on track four of my 'I Haven't Got Time to Write an Album' album

It looks like I'll be 65 before I get back to playing daily.

Message 4/4             30-Aug-09  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: How often do YOU start a new song?

instinct-musik

Thanks guys,,,

Every time i actually think about working on my songs , something always comes up that ruins it for me. It isn't always bad but,,,,,, Like i'm out and or i've finished work and decide to race home to put in a couple of hours of recording and BAM! Before you know i'm off to smeplace else, or my mood has shifted and i'm too tired to even think of musik .
I've been married for 7 years ,no childdren , and that uses up alot of energy. gives little personal time back.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)