aaa Comments welcome - The more brutal the better - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Comments welcome - The more brutal the better

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             14-Oct-09  @  02:26 AM     Edit: 14-Oct-09  |  01:30 PM   -   Comments welcome - The more brutal the better

NastyM

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Back for some more hassle.

Have updated a previous tune "Isis".... it seems to have had the most viewing of anything ive posted to date (thanks for bobbing in).

Ive stripped it down as it was way to cluttered but still feel it doesnt gel somehow ... any suggestions how i could tidy this would be welcome (including scrap it!!!)

the second tune (new one) ive posted "The Book" is a work in progress not quite sure how its going to pan out, but once again would appreciate any comment.

Appologies to anyone expecting techno or pop, have still not found a defining genre for my ditties, if anyone can give me a clue as to WTF im upto id love to know

Many thanks a confused NastyM

Isis

The Book

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             14-Oct-09  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Comments welcome - The more brutal the better

k

Link?: Link

Nasty, you dont have to add song links, just the title is sufficient cos your profile is linked to your forum posts see. We just have to click your forum avatar to get your songs.

is all that brass on the book programmed? if so, very good mate cos it sounds so fatback/chuck-brown etc. not so keen on the glassy-piano sounding bassline. further down the track at about 34:09 onwards there's some harmonic clash going on, perhaps between the organ and bassline, not sure, something is clashing to my ears during the organs chord progression.
The ending's a bit depressing but thats how most people end up i spose if they spend all their time reading revelations, lol

IS IS - love the basslick, super track mate, love it, the held-back shuffle roll in the drum sections is gorgeous, is that original programming again? or taken from a vinyl? great track all thru

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             14-Oct-09  @  01:29 PM     Edit: 14-Oct-09  |  01:32 PM   -   RE: Comments welcome - The more brutal the better

NastyM

Link?:  No link

Cheers captain

the brass work has been produced using cut and chopped samples with Sonars Rex player
cant remember quite how i did it at the time ... sometimes reversed other times taking individual hits and changing the order of the sequence, also using the midi effects built into Sonar delay echo and the arpeggiators .... still finding it hard to get a smooth brass sequence though as the rex loops i use are all in different keys and are recorded for different tempos - however the generally appear fairly easy to manipulate.
The bass is also sampled and when i threw it on it was left tied to the one key. as ive added the chord progression with the Hammond i struggled a little as there definately is a clash, however i decided to leave it as it were and work over it with a view to reworking the bass later.
the song if to be worked up further cannot finish where it has been left as its just not right.. as you can see im obviously confused with the direction on this one...

Isis once again thrown together mash of samples - Brass mutilated again on the latter section (ie reversed and sliced etc but not to the same degree.
The drums are all just ripped off - the whole bleedin` lot of them (now i feel the shame!!!)
I also feel the second piano solo feels jerky and may have suffered from slightly over zelous quantizing in areas.

One of the main problems I appear to have is im running all this straight from laptop and one with a limited RAM quite often i find i have to bounce tracks down to audio quite early on - thus sacrificing any real manipulation available later on during the mix - the other problem is really down to me and my poor housekeeping I very rarely keep a record of any effects i add to tracks or where the tracks originated from thus making it awkward to patch sections together as sometimes can be evident in production changes (hopefully i hide this reasonably well)

Any hew thanks for the comments will try and sort the bass out...... no doubt will be back later with an update

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)