aaa Chapter 2 - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Chapter 2

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             05-Feb-10  @  11:20 AM   -   Chapter 2

NastyM

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Am still trying out darker sounding material, would appreciate comments....

the guitars were soft synth guitars, however this is proving a little awkward to produce the sound i want as the keyboard i use is basically an electric piano and does not have the luxury of the little jostick or wheels for pitch modulation - can any one recommend a cheap 2 octave keyboard with "note bending nobs / wheels" or something similar - space is also an issue as everything i do is basically off a little coffee table plonked in my living room, and usually packed away after each session to make way for the kids toys.

So to recap small and cheap - cheers in anticipation of any help offered

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             16-Feb-10  @  02:31 AM   -   RE: Chapter 2

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

First off I really enjoyed this. Much meaty. Dubby undertone with walls of sliding sound and lots of interesting little bits. As you ask for comments...

The start is great. Loads of humour in those lower riffs and rhythm.

The 'Soprano-type' wibbly thing is lovely too. Also like the shifts in spatial feel. Breaks are good. Long sustain notes work well. Unintelligible voice fits snugly.

Getting picky, and it's only 15 seconds or so, but after two listens I felt a bit in the middle (about 1:20 ish to 1:35) was somehow too produced. 'Introducing' had an edgy, sharp production that suited this style especially well. That touch was missing in this 15-second middle bit in Chapter 2.

At 1:36, when the didj-ish wobbly kicks in it's all up close and personal again. I wonder if you had the meters too right for the middle bit. Maybe a bit of 'strain' on the system suits this sound. Maybe it's just the synth guitars (which are pretty good for synth guitars), though they sound a bit sample loopy to me. Yes, I've listened to it twice more. That 15-second bit is the only thing I'd change for me. Maybe just a bit more treble or amplitude on that guitar jubble. Is the delay in synch on this bit?

The two resonating high notes that run throughout are a lovely touch. Ah, you've gated them (or somesuch) over the middle bit I mentioned above. But the shortened bups continue into the didj-ish wobbly and that's alive.

Excellent tune though. Thanks for posting it up!

Message 3/3             17-Feb-10  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Chapter 2

NastyM

Link?:  No link

Cheers Mr Musineer

I'll have to go back and have a listen through myself, it seems quite a while since i posted this.

Many thanks for the comments nice to have criticism.

Cheers Martyn

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot