aaa a modelling plugin drumbox for 9 euros!! (not for long tho) - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: a modelling plugin drumbox for 9 euros!! (not for long tho)

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-Feb-10  @  09:19 AM   -   a modelling plugin drumbox for 9 euros!! (not for long tho)

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

They are doing this drumbox for a limited time for a 9 euro charge, looks good and there is mac and windows demos

Until the 31st of March you can pay a minimum of 9 Euro to cover our costs.
Image-Line will donate 1 USD from each sale to support Haiti earthquake victims.

The Drumaxx percussion modeling instrument gives you total control over 16 physically modeled drum pads that can be routed to independent outputs for external effects processing.

Great, but why should you care when the internet is awash with drum samples? In two words, expressive control. Once a drum sound is recorded, the performance and modulation options are limited to filtering, volume, or similar 1-dimensional effects. When a single drum sample is triggered in a roll, you get the familiar 'machine-gun' effect and it just sounds mechanical. Multi-sampled, multi-layered drums can overcome this limitation but need multi-megabyte or even Gigabyte! drum libraries. Even then, you are still limited to the sounds originally recorded.

http://www.image-line.com/documents/drumaxx.html

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-May-10  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: a modelling plugin drumbox for 9 euros!! (not for long tho)

xoxos

i've done everything but install it, read the posts on this for ages, no mention of what process is indicated by 'modeling'.

Message 3/4             04-May-10  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: a modelling plugin drumbox for 9 euros!! (not for long tho)

k

well 'not samples' i spose meening it's using a VA synthesis method allowing realtime adjustment of all paramaters. like a synthdrum

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             04-May-10  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: a modelling plugin drumbox for 9 euros!! (not for long tho)

nutoniom

I have completely lost touch with everything virtual these days, to the point where Cubase is just a glorified tape deck, I don't even bother syncing it anymore, I just press record : )

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)