aaa Had a maul - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Had a maul

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             12-Apr-10  @  12:54 AM   -   Had a maul

NastyM

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

last track 15b fiddled with
am trying to shave bits off to make it more accessible
it aint working so i rekon ill just leave as it is

by the way track is 6:40 player says 6:08
it doesnt bother me but thought you might like to know as something is slightly amiss

Martyn

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             12-Apr-10  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

Mortimer

Link?: Link

hmmm my player says 5.38

Message 3/21             12-Apr-10  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

NastyM

strange one isnt it

(ps looks like ive really butchered the end in the cold light of day - sometimes its better to just walk away from the scene of an accident!)

Message 4/21             12-Apr-10  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

Mortimer

You might want check, perhaps you have it set on variable bit rate encoding?

Track was good Nasty, how about more cow bell next time. hmmm

Message 5/21             12-Apr-10  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

NastyM

variable bit rate encoding - what the hell fire !
Do I have an option ?

Message 6/21             12-Apr-10  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

Mortimer

Message 7/21             21-Apr-10  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

Musineer Productions

Well I liked it. Great music for sliding your feet to on a slippy surface when chasing geckos out of the room! Lends for some impressive Nosferatu/Bruce Lee stances that ought to have scared the beejeebers out of the scuttly little thing. Maybe it hasn't watched many films? It does look quite young.

Message 8/21             21-Apr-10  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

NastyM

What a life freekin gheckos out - takin it all is well in the Carribean (sure ive spealt that all wrong)
and many thanks for the support (must adsmit it sort of spurs me on) cheers Martyn

Message 9/21             26-Apr-10  @  07:58 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

Musineer Productions

You're welcome; it's honest feedback. Post more tunes and I'll offer more feedback. That's the deal here isn't it? Tunes to listen to and enjoy for the cost of a bit of feedback. So much more entertaining than the radio.

And yes, you did, I'm having a champion time in the Caribbean. I should have added that I was only chasing the gecko to avoid squashing it. It's not a very bright gecko and once spent a day in the shower unable to climb out until I helped. Today I had to corner it to remove a long hair from its mouth. Yesterday it was a strand of tobacco needed removing. But it scoffs ants so is most welcome.

Went snorkelling in a bay over the weekend where a steel drum band were playing at a wedding. Whenever I lifted my ears out of the water I could hear the band, the music floating out over the very still sea. No doubt where I am. Later we watched the sun set, music playing, standing chest-deep in the so-calm sea and sipping a tamarind dacquiri, and keeping a dry hand to enjoy a smoke. Just me and the missus at one end of the beach, with the wedding party at the other end. I like it here.

Message 10/21             26-Apr-10  @  01:25 PM     Edit: 26-Apr-10  |  01:26 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

NastyM

Sounds like youre having an absolute whale of a time (No pun intended with the whale bit),
How long do you think before the novelty will run out - I've a mate who moved to Alicante in Spain a couple of year ago (not quite the Caribbean i know) but he still keeps on joking "might not have much work coming in, but i've not got much work coming in a beautiful warm country by the sea, with a villa and my own pool."

Sounds almost too good to be true it must have taken a mighty set of Gonads to just pack up and move - wish you every sucess and hope you keep is posted and enjoy your time out there.

With regard to the Ghecko and the
Musineer Productions wrote:

I had to corner it to remove a long hair from its mouth. Yesterday it was a strand of tobacco needed removing.
it reminds me of a mates dog who one evening managed to steel and eat my entertainment for the night including a pack of cigerettes and the papers required to enjoy it.
My only consolation was that in the morning the dog was absolutely wasted, staggered like a drunk and could not manage to judge the small jump over the step req`d to leave the conservatory.
However I do feel, after that evening, me and the dog understood each other a little better, him having had his first night off canabis fuelled hallucinations and myself never to trust a beagle from Liverpool again.

Message 11/21             27-Apr-10  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

k

i like the bleep & booster intro mate - good groove too mate. Good film music for something such as a modern vampire movie or thriller

cool - you should try putting a peice of music to some film footage mate. it's really good.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/21             27-Apr-10  @  01:19 PM     Edit: 27-Apr-10  |  01:23 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

NastyM

cheers mr k
really appreciate the comments

have you been away recently or busy? ive not noticed many postings from your goodself or Mr Beds.

I assume your both hot on the campaign trail canvassing for the forthcoming election.

Message 13/21             28-Apr-10  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

k

it's certainly got dirty real fast as soon as clegg shot up the polls, hilarious but predictable i spose.

my problem is that the alternative to labour or lib-dem is the 2 landed gentry boys.

Baronet Osbornes experience in economics = zero, previously was backroom party hq research and spin boy - modern history at oxford magdalene

Vince Cable - Chief Economist at Shell, Treasury Finance Officer to the Kenyan Government, lectured at LSE, etc - Natural Sciences and Economics at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, PhD in Economics from Glasgow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Cable

also i think for britains image after the PR disaster of blair/bush, a man who can speak 5 languages, has dealt with the real world and the EU political mechanisms is a better representative of a modern British nation.

sure he's not perfect, but when i saw the debate i was kinda reminded of the scene in 'Remains of the Day' when Christopher Reeves' character addresses the old guard euro arito's and delivers that bit about 'real politik' V gentleman amateurs.

anyways, out of the 3 of them i'd rather have clegg front my business if it was competing in international markets.. it's that simple. who's my nations rep'

so yeah mate, i did some gigs - had one on sunday - and been otherwise busy yes, endless new things to fix and tweak on those homepages. i had to fix it so all 3 previous templates could be automaticaly recognised and converted if someone tries to update - very complicated - copying one system to another on the fly

gotta do a few more checks and then make some tutorial videos for the homepages. i only do so much and then get burn out see, and have to take a break

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/21             28-Apr-10  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

Musineer Productions

Wish I'd set up a proxy vote now. I've voted Liberal since my early twenties, a reaction to the dispair of Thatcher I think.

£10k tax threshold, sensible economic policies, sensible social policies, least corrupt of the big three, most articulate party leader ... How anyone with a conscience could even contemplate voting for Labour is beyond me, and the tories will always be the tories.

Vote Lib-Dem. You know you want to!

Message 15/21             28-Apr-10  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

Musineer Productions

NastyM wrote:
How long do you think before the novelty will run out

Years? Before the permission to stay, of that I'm sure.

Man's best friend, ho ho. I'm fairly sure the gecko lives a clean life of ants and biscuit crumbs. Amazing how their tails grow back isn't it? Why can't we regrow bits yet?

Message 16/21             22-May-10  @  02:59 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

Maarten

I grew up in the Caribbean, St. Maarten (supposedly a coincidence) to be exact- over 15 years
since I've left back when the place wasn't a concrete resort jungle as I hear. I do recall that novelty
does wear out at some point. You're growing up on an island, however beautiful excitement gets
limited and the grass is always greener.... Wouldn't mind spending a few years again now eh  
What parts you at?

Message 17/21             22-May-10  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

Maarten

Whoops! Just realized I hijacked your thread without the decency to check out your track Martyn-
will check it out tomorrow.

Message 18/21             22-May-10  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Had a maul

Maarten

Lovely atmosphere, seated nicely amongst those drums there... strings coming in- ew yeah dramatic. Not sure if I'm finding those orchestral hits coming in a tad too loud or not (could be my hangover though!). Very nice track you did here.

Message 19/21             23-May-10  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

nutoniom

Dude, this is like Baby Buddheads witth mike garson on piano: who the fuck are you ?

Message 20/21             23-May-10  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

nutoniom

Okay, I am a litle bit two sheets to the wind, but still : this rocks : )

Message 21/21             24-May-10  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Had a maul

NastyM

Maarten - Cheers for the feedback (Is this an ebay phrase ?)

And BTW absolutely no problem "hijacking the thread" your more than welcome to be honest is nice to hear about places other than he pisspot i live in called Lancashire!

Nutoniom - Cheers also, its great to hear new names I can listen to "Baby buddheads" will check these out soon.

With regard to who i am, I am me, Martyn (Hence the NastyM predictive text typo - hope it doesn`t come across arrogant or pissy, you know the whole Nasty business) - Am married two kids have a run of the mill job in an engineering office - enjoy a pint on Friday nights always wished to have a dabble with music but never really got a proper chane to do anything till i turned 40 - however thoroughly enjoy it and glad to be able to make a little noise that a few people find interesting.

Tell you what i do miss though is getting absolutely blatted out my face and the last 20 year of my life - was never quite sure what happened but some how i ended up here and there you go.

Many thanks once again.

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot