aaa How to connect the following........ - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: How to connect the following........

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             15-Apr-10  @  04:56 PM   -   How to connect the following........

Joshnosh154

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I have a Behringer x1204 usb mixer,a Behringer fx600 effects pedal,a Behringer ultra DI 100,a
Digitech RP80 multi effects unit,a White Horse 150 watt Bass amp,2 small 15 watt Guitar
practice amps,a Boss BR600 digital recorder,a Behringer C1 Condenser Microphone,a DD502
electronic drum kit and Various Electric,Bass and Electro acoustic guitars.

Could you help me with regards to the setup and connection process of these instruments and
music kit so that I don't blow myself or the kit up?

Any advice,videos or vocal walk-through you can give me would be great-fully appreciated my
friend.
Thank you,from Jay,(technically challenged and confused)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             17-Apr-10  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: How to connect the following........

k

Link?: Link

this Boss BR600 is designed as a scratchpad songwriting tool - so it has mono inputs (mic/line and a drumbox and effects built in - it does have a stereo mini-jack input which it says is used to input from things like a cd player, but i cant see anywhere whether it can record from this stereo inpout to 2 tracks at the same time (to record stereo line-in)

i'm not sure you are going to get any advantage from using the other equipment with the Boss unit, because the Boss BR600 has mic pre-amp already built in and guitar modelling-fx input already built in etc - it is designed to setup a drumtrack (preset or user-created), then records guitar/bass/mic layers one track at a time to create a demo song

it is not really designed to use as a standalone recorder with a mixer

the drumkit has it's own 'brain' unit (the box with the sounds in) and it may have midi out also, but the BR600 doesnt have midi IN, so you cant play the drumsounds in the BR600 to sequence them from the kit-pads

the problem is this selection of gear is a little mis-matched.

you could record your electronic drumkit playing IN to the BR600 as audio... to do that you need to select stereo LINE-INPUT recording on the BR600 and record to a stereo track

if you want to use the mixer you need to get or make a cable to connect the Mixer to the BR600

but why would you want to do that?

=================================

so - question:

what are you trying to to record? - or rather - how are you wanting to record?

either you want to:

A. record songs, by yourself - building the songs layer by layer playing everything yourself

B. record with some other people all playing different instruments at the same time - then add overdubs

which is it? answer that first please

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             21-Mar-11  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: How to connect the following........

Komposition.x

Link?: Link

Dude..... your a mess, and Pink Fizz or 2/2 after you know fuck all, Man u need a crash course in learning Audio, it can't be one online, grab a book on recording technology - best $40.00 Bucks you'll ever spend,

+10000000000000%0000000 for the faggot above answering with wrong answers - stop it as my brain hurts, you know shit 2/2, so shut the F*&^% UP!
Peace! 

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)