aaa Soundcard Advice - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Soundcard Advice

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             13-Aug-10  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Soundcard Advice

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi All,

Long time since I've been here!   Hope any of the old regulars I used to chat are doing well.

I'm looking for a decent soundcard for my laptop:

Spec

Needs to connect via USB (or firewire - which is best?)
24-bit
Multi Inputs
Sync clock (this is the most important part)

I'm having trouble finding one, most of the higher end multi-input synchronizable cards are connected via PCI but I don't have that facility in my laptop.

Can anyone help?

cheers

dubs

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             13-Aug-10  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: Soundcard Advice

k

Link?: Link

hey! lovely to see you man! well i guess start with...

RME, but the Fireface  (bnc wordclock) has 8 out but only 2 analog in's (but can be expanded with adat) but then it gets pricier than it already is.

The Digiface has clock etc but needs adat to get the i/o's (mind u the behringer ada8000 is cheap and well rated.)

MOTU Ultralite mkIII - but no wordclock

M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge - must have adat for i/o (but goes up to 32 channels - has word clock I/O (via included breakout cable, BNC). works with pro-tools m-powered.

Presonus Firestudio - cant vouch for presonus, but that one's got the lot - 8x8 i/o inc' 8 mic pre's, wordclock, & adat expansion - also seems to have some sen/return sockets, nit sure how that works, but no doubt with some internal mixer applet

tc electronic StudioKonnekt 48 - 650 gbp - cant again vouch for tc's quality - 8x8 i/o on tsr jacks and 4 mic pre's, clock, adat expansion - 24 channels i/o on firewire anyways.

there's a few i mean can u afford an Apogee Ensemble? (Mac only tho) cos man, those apogee converters rule for the money. My Duet is awesome and makes even a cherap mic sound classy and the Ensemble i/o's are the same apparently, but go up to 24/192

anyways, don't be a stranger!... Fonzie be praised! 

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             19-Mar-11  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: Soundcard Advice

monkeybasket2001

Hi K,

sorry it has taklen a while to reply - finally got round to getting a soundcard, went for a focusrite LIQUID SAFFIRE 56 as it seemed like it had everything I needed with a few nice pre amp modellers built in

Just had a delivery of foam to do may walls and picked up an NT-2 mic so its all coming together, now I just need to stick up all the foam and I'm away!

cheers for your recommendations, I had decided on the Presonus Firestudio but got talked out of it in favour of the focusrite.

Cheers

Message 4/7             21-Mar-11  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Soundcard Advice

k

nice one man, focusrite is decent stuff. Hope all is good with you man. dont be a stranger.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             21-Mar-11  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: Soundcard Advice

monkeybasket2001

cheers mate, no you're righht-  I used to loving chatting on here, I wonder how many regulars are still here

you know what its like new job, new missus, new flat it just sucks all your time away!

speak soon

Message 6/7             23-Mar-11  @  12:38 PM     Edit: 23-Mar-11  |  05:46 PM   -   RE: Soundcard Advice

safeandsound123

I think this was the best choice you could have made, the EMU cards are low cost and good but they lack any digital sync you required.

cheers

SafeandSound Mastering

online mastering

SafeandSound Mastering, low cost, high end

Message 7/7             23-Mar-11  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Soundcard Advice

monkeybasket2001

cheers, I feel my choice has been validated - cant wait to get it all up and running!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)